Page 1 of 1

Please Help - Downloading

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 12:08 am
by jntwhite1347
Ok.. I am 24 hours (56k modem) into my full install download.. And I will have to turn the computer off soon -- long story -- I am using IE to download the file now, and it estimates 30 hours to go -- I have about 170+ megs down.. I just downloaded GetRight...

Is there anyway to salvage (with GetRight or otherwise) the download I started with IE?

Please help -- I would hate to lose the last 24hours worth of effort...

Thanks... Whitey

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 12:18 am
by Lars Remmen
Originally posted by jntwhite1347:
Ok.. I am 24 hours (56k modem) into my full install download.. And I will have to turn the computer off soon -- long story -- I am using IE to download the file now, and it estimates 30 hours to go -- I have about 170+ megs down.. I just downloaded GetRight...

Is there anyway to salvage (with GetRight or otherwise) the download I started with IE?

Please help -- I would hate to lose the last 24hours worth of effort...

Thanks... Whitey
Hello,

I think you have to have GetRight and such programs installes before you start downloading.

But if you're not in a big hurry to get the game, take a look at the 'Returning a favour' thread. There is also another thread with someone offering to burn a CD or two to Americans if that's closer to you.

Regards,

Lars