Page 1 of 1

Young Timers!

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 2:15 am
by Chief Wiggum
Hey all!,

Some of you great guys may remember me as IronicFate. Wild Bill and friends gave me a wonderful and very warm welcome to the forums! I had to split for a while, life was getting busy (And still is). But I am back and glad to be amongst friends.

Young timers unite! I personally am 24 years old and have been playing Steel Panthers since it's first release with SP1. I was just a younger pup then (And by some I am still a young pup *AHEM*) :D

The way I see it and as I wrote it once " Age is not the definition of a person". Most of my friends/peers on the forums at matrix are old enough to be my fathers or grandfathers! But then there is the younger generation that is faithfully playing Steel PanthersW@W with the same dedication and with the same joy as the older generation is.

Tell me friends, where in life has something as small, yet wonderful has a video game brought multiple generations, multiple races and cultures together, peacefully? Not many from my experience. SPWAW not only celebrates those who fought and died in WWII, but it celebrates the very times we spend with our elders, our children and our friends playing a simulation.
And that is something that many other things cannot boast!

(HI AGAIN WILD BILL!!!!)

Sincerely and best wishes,
Mike
AKA: Chief Wiggum
AKA AGAIN: IronicFate
Image

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 8:23 am
by Wild Bill
Greetings Chief. Good thing I dropped in here. I almost didn't. I thought,"Man, what do they want an old fart like me around the 'young blood.'"

I'm glad I did and I'm glad you are back. Hey! Gotta love those dog tags.

I need me a set of those!

Good to see you posting, Chief. You are always welcome here!

Good old Wild Bill

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 1:57 pm
by gbotto600
Originally posted by Chief Wiggum:
Young timers unite! I personally am 24 years old and have been playing Steel Panthers since it's first release with SP1. I was just a younger pup then (And by some I am still a young pup *AHEM*) :D
14 here, its great to see more younger folks joining, its great to know this game has crossed age boundaries and will live on

:)

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 11:16 pm
by Chief Wiggum
Dear younger pup :D,

I am a graphic designer, and a web designer. Great, great job on your site. Keep up the excellent work.

Good to know that I am not the youngest on this site. At lease Wild Bill will leave me alone now, and maybe start picking on you :D

Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,
Mike
AKA: Chief Wiggum
AKA AGAIN: IronicFate Image

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 11:56 pm
by gbotto600
Originally posted by Chief Wiggum:
Dear younger pup :D,

I am a graphic designer, and a web designer. Great, great job on your site. Keep up the excellent work.

Good to know that I am not the youngest on this site. At lease Wild Bill will leave me alone now, and maybe start picking on you :D

Keep up the great work.

thank you! :)

we are going to get the rest of it up probably near the end of the summer

:)

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 4:05 am
by Huffy
Ok..well,I think I got a winner for the youngest player. Or at least a runner up....
My son has now been engulfed into the SPWAW world...he is six. He needs a little work on his tactics...but hes learning.
He likes large massive armor rushs...doesn't even wanna be bothered with art. support.
Yea...I know...but he enjoy's it and someday he'll beat his dad.(He does make some decent headway sometimes)
Just thought it might bring a smile...take care all...
Huffy

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 1:50 pm
by Marder_MatrixForum
24 years, too...

Marder

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 11:18 pm
by Christian Blex
I'm 25 years old, started wargaming on my first C 64 in 1988 or so. Oh I'm getting old!!!!!