Page 1 of 1

USMC Sniper Bug

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 1:11 am
by redshift
Has anyone else encountered USMC snipers inflicting two casualties on an opposing infantry squad with one shot, and one ammunition point used? This just started when I went to 6.1. Does anyone else have this problem?

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 1:13 am
by mao
There was a post about something similar just the other day, the consensus seems to be that each 'shot' from the sniper is considered to be a number of shots taken over a period of time - either that or a really good shot...

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 2:15 am
by Warrior
I've seen them hit more than 2 with "one" shot. I just write it off to the fortunes of war. Maybe the targets were standing close to each other and the bullet passed through one and hit the other. Maybe the shot set off a grenade or flamethrower. It just happens sometimes.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 3:21 am
by deggo
I like to use snipers and have seen this with more than just the USMC. Both mine and the enemy get two kills occasionally. I don't remember seeing more than two with one shot.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:17 am
by Truckeye
i lost 5 men to 1 sniper shot. he was a soviet sniper, and a damn good one!!

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 6:31 am
by Alexandra
Heh - I have the best sniper story, I think.

I was testing a scen for Bill last week, Japanese (me) vs Anzac and UK Forces. I lost a whole platoon to snipers in one turn. Well, a platoon equivalent across my front. These were the slot 4 Aussie infantry sniper rifles, and twice they wiped out entire 15 man squads with one shot :)

I was cool in it's own way!

Alex

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:44 am
by Tombstone
You gotta chalk that up to sniper round killing the leader, turning a couple of guys into fear jelly, and ruining the unit's cohesion.

Tomo

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:07 am
by Randy
What is the name of the book about snipers in Vietnam: "One Shot, Three Kills".