Page 1 of 1

Problems With SP:WAW

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 2:47 am
by Matt R
Hello gentlemen-

I apologize if this has come up before but I will rephrase it.

I cannot run SP:WAW because of the dreaded vid998.smk problem. The file vid998.smk is in my snd\stream folder. But the program always says it cannot find it.

I appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks,
Matt Reeves.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 3:20 am
by Fabio Prado
It seems like you'll have to download the vid998.smk file and copy it manually to your C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\SND\stream folder.

You can download the vid998.smk file from:
Matrix Games FTP Server

Games Domain FTP Server

and from
Cirrus Website

Hope this helps,

Fab

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 5:28 am
by Paul Vebber
Also run scandisk on your drive and defrag it, its a big file and if you have "lost clusters" breaking it up, it could have become corrupted.

Good disk hygiene will solve lots of troubles ;)

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 1:05 pm
by Matt R
Hello Fabian-
I have to ask, why do I need to download it if I already have the file?

Howdy Paul-
Did what you said, to no avail :(

Is there anything else that can be done?

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 5:36 pm
by Warrior
Originally posted by Matt R:
I have to ask, why do I need to download it if I already have the file.
It would seem the file is corrupted.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 6:32 pm
by Slind
Yeah, there's something wrong w/ the game file it self. I also had to dl the video separately and I remember I wasn't the only one.