Page 1 of 1
Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:06 pm
by Knavery
I have posted in other threads, but some of these problems may be different. So far, I haven't been able to get through the tutorials without a lock-up.
Last night, it happened when I tried loading the production/research tutorial.
So I guess I need to know what you guys specifically need--the save file? I can't really get a diax report as it's a lock-up. However, perhaps I can get a prior save-game file.
For whatever it's worth, here are my system specs:
AMD 2400+ 2.0 gig chip
9700 Radeon Pro 128 meg
1 gig DDR 2700 RAM
Soundblaster MP3 Live!
All drivers are updated. Can't remember the motherboard off the top of my head. However, if it's anything, I'd think it would be video or sound. Thanks in advance.
Knavery
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:18 pm
by Marc von Martial
Hi, did you allready provide a DirectX dialog file?
1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice
6. attach to reply to us
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:54 am
by Knavery
Thanks Marc,
I have done that. Here it is. One thing to note. During the display tests, the cubes were spinning at very high speeds, but I did see them. Not sure if that's normal.
Knavery
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:08 am
by Erik Rutins
Knavery,
I noticed right away that your sound drivers are three years old. Are there more recent ones available for your card (SB Live!)? Please check and see if you can find some through Creative Labs.
Regards,
- Erik
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:23 am
by Knavery
I'm sorry Erik, but there's not. I had stated that in another post. The drivers I have for my sound card are all up to date.
Knavery
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:32 am
by Joel Billings
Have you tried to rename the sound directory? Try that and see if you can run the game ok (it will be without sound and music). This might tell us something.
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:14 am
by Mr.Frag
Knave, slide the bar in DXDiag to the Basic spot on the Sound Tab.
Restart your machine and try it again. If it still does it, slide one further to None.

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:36 pm
by Knavery
Thanks for the help guys. I will try that.
One thing to note... It happens randomly. It doesn't happen during a specific event. I will try one thing at a time and see what happens and let you know.
knavery
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:30 am
by willgamer
I'm getting this problem consistantly with a simple sub v. transport Japanese attack at W. Tasman.
Attached is the dxdiag. The save is availble to e-mail on request.
The workaround is to turn sound effects to zero. (It can be turned back on after this battle no problems.)
No changes to sound acceleration affects the problem.
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:42 am
by Joel Billings
The first patch that will be out in the next few days (we hope) has an adjustment to sound. I don't know if this will fix you problem or not. If you want, you can contact Erik Rutins and see if you can get an advanced copy of the patch to try out.
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:08 pm
by willgamer
Just posting to document that the ctd still happens after applying the patch.
Since the sound effects can be turned back on after the problem battle with no problems to the end of the game, I'm filing this under one time mystery. [>:]
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:55 pm
by Erik Rutins
Willgamer,
Could you post a save file that sets up the one time battle which gives you a sound problem? Thanks.
Everyone else, did the update help at all with your sound performance?
Regards,
- Erik
RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:19 pm
by willgamer
Erik,
Already send to 2by3 on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:19 PM.
Joel replied the next day that he could not recreate on his machine.
No problem, hopefully it won't recur.