Page 1 of 1

Campaign Watcher v0.409

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 3:34 am
by headhunter
Hello fellow gamers,

version 0.409 of Campaign Watcher is now available for download at http://campaignwatcher.cjb.net.

The most notable changes are an export feature and support for the Mega Campaign. For the later I only had a rather limited base of test samples, so it might not be perfect.
(Thanks again to all who send me their MC saves ! :) )

Since some people had trouble installing CW, you can now select from two download options: ZIP archive, as it used to be and a standard installer.

Some people experienced freezes in conjunction with SPWaW pre v5.0 saves. While CW still is only intended for use with v5.0+, this freezing shouldn't happen anymore.

Other:

- fixed a problem where CW would reject turn 0 saves before deployment
- added a check for invalid characters in record names
- datasheet header will now remain visible when scrolling down
- sorting of snapshots failed if there were only two snapshots and both were from the same turn
- added a progress bar when scanning .dat/.sav files
- improved records page GUI
- minor changes and bug fixes

You might notice that there is still no integrated printing feature. If you would like such a thing, please tell me (so far, I'm only aware of two people). For the time being, you can export the datasheet in CSV format to Excel or a similar program and print from there.

As always, you can contact me either by this forum or by email.

And now: Have fun ! :D

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 3:39 am
by Dedas
Maybe if you were set up a competition of some sort printing the data sheets would be good!

Fun program though, I really enjoy it! :D

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 3:52 am
by Bing
I'm on my way to get the updated CW file.

Thanks for adding the export feature, Headhunter, it is much appreciated.

I have to have some use of Excel to justify keeping it on the system, being able to crunch and mangle game data is now the sole raison d'etre.

Bing

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 11:24 pm
by RockinHarry
Thanks headhunter, your program is working fine for me. :) Currently I´m using it with WBWs´ Huertgen Campaign.

_________
Harry

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 12:20 am
by BlitzSS
I downloaded it, but I guess I should've had it installed before I started my campaign. I didn't know much about CW until I visited the well documented web site.Hey RockinHarry I'm in the middle of Hurtgen, so I'm curious how your core units faired?

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 9:36 am
by gregb7
Well, call me an idiot, but I'd love the ability to print the data.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 3:40 pm
by RockinHarry
Hi Blitz

just lost two shermans in both battles but saved the crews. Fell prey to PF and Pz-IV...could have been worse. :D Have a break in the campaign now, other duties are calling.

Hope I proceed soon to see the graphs in campaign watcher working.

_________
Harry

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2001 4:14 pm
by headhunter
BlitzSS: You could still use CW for the rest of your campaign.

GB: Ok. :D No, seriously I'll probably add a printout feature (5 requests so far). Give me some time ...

RockinHarry: Hope you'll like them. :)