Page 1 of 1
A couple of very small errors
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:36 pm
by jcrohio
My first posting to the forums - I love to lurk but have never posted
Have enjoyed the game - mine has been solid - no problems at all - P4 1 gig ram 128 meg ATI Radeon 9800 pro video card XP Pro SP2 120 gig HD with about 75 gigs free
Have found two (and maybe three) small errors that did not at all take away from the game - but I thought you may want to hear them
1. Near the end of my first game my entire land army in germany ended up in a battle with the last german battleship - we won by the way
2. Also I have seen the replay feature on the top tool bar get corrupted - all the controls will be missing - both of these are contained on an autosave if you are interested (if you are you are going to need to tell me how to get the file to you)
3. This last error only happened once and I don't have an autosave for it - I lost all my bubble help on the screens entered from the top toolbar - exiting the game and reloading solved the problem
4. The last point is not an error but a suggestion - there are too many mouse clicks in the production and research screens - could any use of the Control or Alt key be used to speed up this procedure?
Thanks for a solid game - I have enjoyed it so far
Jack
RE: A couple of very small errors
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:06 am
by Joel Billings
Glad you are enjoying the game.
1) The battleship was probably in port and was shown on the combat screen but would not actually take part in the battle. Does this sound right?
2) We have seen the corruption of the replay. It seems to be tied to Alt-Tab use and/or exiting different games and starting new ones without exiting the program. Does that sound like it could explain your situtation? In all cases, exiting the program and rerunning after loading a save fixes the problem. We're not yet sure how to approach fixing this until we can get some solid understanding of under what conditions the replay control panel gets messed up.
3) Another item that is a mystery at this time (I can't remember if this happened during test or not, but if it did, it was not repeatable).
4) If you have some specific ideas we'll listen and perhaps get something into a future patch if it's easy to program.
Thanks for the feedback and if you get any more info on what might be causing the replay interface problem, please let us know.
RE: A couple of very small errors
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:14 pm
by jcrohio
[quote]ORIGINAL: Joel Billings
Glad you are enjoying the game.
1) The battleship was probably in port and was shown on the combat screen but would not actually take part in the battle. Does this sound right?
That sounds correct
2) We have seen the corruption of the replay. It seems to be tied to Alt-Tab use and/or exiting different games and starting new ones without exiting the program. Does that sound like it could explain your situtation? In all cases, exiting the program and rerunning after loading a save fixes the problem. We're not yet sure how to approach fixing this until we can get some solid understanding of under what conditions the replay control panel gets messed up.
I do ALT TAB a lot and it was cleared up by exiting the program
3) Another item that is a mystery at this time (I can't remember if this happened during test or not, but if it did, it was not repeatable).
I think it only happened the one time to me
4) If you have some specific ideas we'll listen and perhaps get something into a future patch if it's easy to program.
In the Production Screen I have no idea - actually the more I think about it the production screen was not the problem - where it got very tedious was the research screen playing the western allies near the end of the game where they had a lot of power - maybe ALT UP ARROW takes you to the Maximum for whatever you are researching?
Thanks for the feedback and if you get any more info on what might be causing the replay interface problem, please let us know.
I appreciate your response
Jack
RE: A couple of very small errors
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:55 am
by Poliorcetes
I have a screwy endgame, unfortunately I can't get the Forum to allow me to Post Reply to post the game.
1. Peking with no troops and all damaged structures has had multiple Japan Air raids the last 3 turns (I'm China).
2. Berlin Falls yet German troops continue to fight, even after the victory in Europe clip.
Let me know where to email the savegame if you want them.
Poliorcete@aol.com
RE: A couple of very small errors
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:04 am
by Poliorcetes
well I see that you have to get Western and Eastern Germany to have Germany quit, but I still don't understand the 2-3 air raids a turn on empty Peking (fully damaged). I left it undefended for years and Japan never invaded it, just continued to bomb and bomb, and bomb some more.
Poliorcetes
RE: A couple of very small errors
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:20 am
by Joel Billings
I would really like a save that allows us to load and run it and see the air attacks you mentioned. We are continuing to make AI improvements so please do send your save to
2by3@2by3games.com.