Page 1 of 1
Game Crashes At Startup
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:26 am
by Senator_Unger
Hello, I recently purchased World at War and everything works fine until I get to load a new game and when it gets to the point where it says "Calibrating Zoom Speed" on the map, when the screen is over Hawaii, the game either crashes to my desktop or freezes the computer. I would appreciate any help you can give as I've been looking forward to playing this game for quite some time now. Also, I uploaded the DxDiag, as I thought that might help.
RE: Game Crashes At Startup
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:47 am
by Joel Billings
Hopefully Erik or Marc (the Matrix guys with good technical knowledge) will try to help you out soon, but in the meantime, I noticed that your dxdiag said it crashed in stage 1 so there is no basic system information. You might try that again and see if you can post a complete dxdiag so the tech support guys can help you once they read your post. I can only suggest to update your video and sound drivers if there are any more current drivers to be found.
RE: Game Crashes At Startup
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:07 am
by Marc von Martial
Your dxdiag file crashed in page 1. Please run again and attach. Thanks.
RE: Game Crashes At Startup
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:23 pm
by Senator_Unger
Here's the updated specs.
RE: Game Crashes At Startup
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:25 pm
by Joel Billings
You may not have enough virtual memory set up. You need to have at least 1500MB of virtual memory and the dxdiag seems to say you have 944 (if I'm understanding this right). Let us know if you don't know how to change this setting or if this isn't the problem.
RE: Game Crashes At Startup
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:50 pm
by Mr.Frag
Little thing, but the reason you crashed is pretty obvious:
Drive: C:
Free Space: 0.8 GB
Your swap file would have tried to increase in size but you don't have enough drive space free to allow that to happen.
Having less then 15% of your system drive free is VERY bad for systems.
RE: Game Crashes At Startup
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:30 am
by Senator_Unger
Hello again. I took your advice and increased my virtual memory and hard drive space. However, now the game has started crashing right after it finishes loading, before the options screen. I'll post my updated DxDiag, and any help you guys can give me would be great.
RE: Game Crashes At Startup
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:19 pm
by Marc von Martial
Did you allready apply the v1.016 patch?