Page 1 of 1
Any plans for the patch
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:36 am
by randell765
Do you have a date on the first patch? Just wondering?
RE: Any plans for the patch
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:08 am
by Marc von Martial
Very soon [;)]
RE: Any plans for the patch
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:21 pm
by artgrtr8u
I'm not trying to criticize here, I love this game, but that being said I have a comment.
Being a software developer myself, and someone who has spent a lot of time waiting for patches to some seriously buggy games (a group GGWaW doesn't fall into, stuff like HOI and Starfleet Command), "Very Soon" can mean an awful lot of things.
If you can't give us a date, could you at least give us a time we shouldn't expect it before?
Honestly though, I'd rather have it right than fast, so just tell me I'll have to wait if you want to.
RE: Any plans for the patch
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:07 pm
by Joel Billings
We think it will be ready for the public within the next few days. Of course, until it is posted, there is always a chance it will be delayed.
RE: Any plans for the patch
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:33 pm
by Franky513
ORIGINAL: Joel Billings
We think it will be ready for the public within the next few days. Of course, until it is posted, there is always a chance it will be delayed.
I hope that you also took care of the sound drivers of the game.
Ciao Frank
RE: Any plans for the patch
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:46 pm
by hondo1375
Thanks for treating us like adults and giving a reasonable response to a reasonable question. I’ve got to say I’m sick of the “when it’s ready” response from other devs, and treating giving estimates of release dates for patches as if devs were revealing the date for D-Day to enemy agents.
By the way, I’ve been playing war games for over 30 years (well, I’ve taken breaks in between turns on occasion to wash, eat and go to work) and I’ve got to say this game is a class act based on first impressions imhe. A highly professional piece of work. I’m a bit bewildered by “The Wargamer” website though – I think the review, although mainly complementary, missed the beauty of this game. I hope they see fit to give it a second impressions review once the game takes off, and award a “recommended” badge.