Page 1 of 1

Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:57 pm
by BOBULUS
I start the cd and nothings happen, lately I've discovered a note which says "could not create log file...c:\windows\blablabla.txt

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:05 pm
by Mr.Frag
Make sure you are installing as Administrator, not a regular restricted user.

The installer creates a log file in C:\Windows which is not allowed by a regular user.

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:18 pm
by BOBULUS
How I do login as administrator?

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:19 pm
by Mr.Frag
Thats really dependant on your system setup ... Post details of what you are running so I know where to steer you.

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:21 pm
by BOBULUS
I think I'm dumb for that, the only thing I know that is win 98 on network.[&:]

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:25 pm
by Mr.Frag
Windows 98? Doesn't have an administrator.

Gotta be something else ... got some free drive space?

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:48 pm
by BOBULUS
On C i have 3,51 gb on D 14.6

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:52 pm
by BOBULUS
But I think that on this PC are some java issues...might be that?

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:02 pm
by Mr.Frag
Shouldn't be related. The installer is not java based.

This Windows 98 or Windows 98 Second Edition?

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:52 pm
by BOBULUS
win 98 second edition

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:07 pm
by Mr.Frag
What is on the CD?, I've never actually seen one. Just a single file WarInThePacific-Setup.exe ?

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:16 pm
by BOBULUS
no, there is another file. iesetup.exe..i think

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:30 pm
by Mr.Frag
need one of the Matrix guys who knows the layout ... was this a DD+CD or a package order?

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:51 pm
by BOBULUS
i dont know I just got it from a friend , without the box, but it has still the adhesive picture on it

RE: Instalation problem!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:11 pm
by Erik Rutins
Bobulus,

Please ask your friend where he got this from. It's not ringing a bell and there's no iesetup.exe on any War in the Pacific CD we've sold and CDs have only been available through conventions or shipped from our Digital River store, with very few exceptions. If there's a problem, we'll help to sort it out but it would be helpful if you would post a list of all the files and folders in the root directory of the CD you are using to install.

Regards,

- Erik