Page 1 of 1

ready for human opponent

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:42 pm
by EZPkins
e-mail me if intrested.ill play either side.2 man game with advanced supplies and auto and area supply on.my email address is noel60@midsouth.rr.com.

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:10 pm
by Svend Karlson
I'm looking for my first PBEM game. Would prefer to play in a group of 4 - thinking that playing as part of a team may be a more gentle introduction.

I'd be worried about playing WA with advanced supplies on, but any other combination I can take a crack at.

Anyone else like to join?

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:21 pm
by dembe73
If you are trying to find 4 I am also interested to play.

I just finished my first succesfull game against the AI today.

You can mail me: dembe73 at gmail.com

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:42 pm
by Svend Karlson
Cool - 1 more needed [:)]

Perhaps we should post our faction and game preferences too?

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:48 pm
by EZPkins
sounds good just need 1 more.now if you 2 wanna play as a team ill play the otherside by myself

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:33 am
by aletoledo
I'll join in a 4 player game.

I'd prefer japan, but I'd be glad to play any really. I'd suggest no fog of war, so we can learn from each other. supply doesn't make a difference to me.

aletoledo@yahoo.com

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:44 pm
by Svend Karlson
Well now, thats our quartet completed I believe. I hope I won't be too bold to suggest the following:

EZPkins: Western Allies
Aletoledo: Japan

And Dembe73, would you prefer the SU+China or Axis? I will take either.

My email address = benrichardson@btopenworld.com

We have one request for no FOW, and one request for advanced supplies (auto & area can be set separately per player and I would prefer not to have them)

Please would people post to confirm the acceptance of requests for no FOW and Advanced Supplies - including auto and area preferences if required.

Dembe73 - I would actually be quite keen to write an AAR during this game if time permits - which may be a good substitute for no FOW if other people prefer to have it turned on.

Cheers

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:41 pm
by dembe73
Let me handle the SU and China. Im fine with the other settings as proposed.


RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:57 pm
by aletoledo
no auto or area supplies for me please

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:41 pm
by EZPkins
be honest i think playing without FOW takes all the challange outa the game.no way to have element of suprise.if you guys wanna play with it ill step aside and let you all have at it.no problem.

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:32 pm
by dembe73
I also actually prefer the fog of war on, just didnt want to object to just get the game going.

Dembe

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:20 am
by aletoledo
sure I'll play with it on, I just thought people would find it more interesting to learn from each other.

lets start! :)

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:55 am
by Svend Karlson
Okay guys I'll take my first turn tonight and then mail to aletoledo.

Settings as follows:

Fog of War on

Advanced Supplies for everyone
- auto and area supplies on for EZPkins and dembe73
- no auto and area supplies on for Svend and aletoledo

Auto victory + End date On

P.S. I'm in the UK - so tonight is around 2000 GMT

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:13 pm
by EZPkins
hey if its not to late could you go ahead and turn off auto & area supp off for me too.iv come to realize im better off doing all tht myself.

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:01 pm
by Svend Karlson
Hey EZ - I literally just mailed off my first completed turn to Aletoledo, copying yourself and Dembe73 in.

Unfortunately I had set you auto & area on

Do you wish me to restart? I can't redo the turn tonight but could tomorrow night.

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:10 am
by aletoledo
let me know before I send the turn off.

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:01 am
by EZPkins
ill deal with it, my fault

RE: ready for human opponent

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:39 am
by Svend Karlson
Hey guys, I am going to write an AAR as I go along, mainly to help me learn from my mistakes! Please join in this thread if you like to do so to make it an AAR from multiple perspectives (always more interesting than a solo effort I think)

PBEM: Take WaW, add 4 Newbies; An exploratory AAR

tm.asp?m=839180