Page 1 of 1

1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:04 am
by Oleg Mastruko
OK I'd love to test some of my strategies vs. human opponent. Don't be intimidated by my sig - I am WAW beta tester but as player I am pretty average. [>:]

I'd prefer Axis. Advanced supply - yes, auto supply and area supply - tell me your preference. Paced game - 2-3 turns per day, if you can't keep up, don't apply. No quitting.

Contact me on oleg@_REMOVE_bug.hr

(Manually remove the _REMOVE_ part)

Oleg

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:06 pm
by aletoledo
hehehe, I'd almost accept this challenge, but as you said I've had bad experiences against beta testers in other games. I'd be willing to challenge you in a week or two though.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:43 pm
by EZPkins
heck ill play ya.best way to learn is play better players.my email add is noel60@midsouth.rr.com

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:13 pm
by Oleg Mastruko
Have two games already, I will start third with you EZPkins, no further games at this moment please [:D]

PS. I am not being modest, I really am just an average player, usually losing vs other testers on 1 on 1 during beta tests... and here I want to try Axis, which is harder to play. Say, if I win all three as Axis, I'll consider myself an "advanced" player [:D] worthy of "beta" title [:D]

O.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:20 am
by Oleg Mastruko
I am "resurrecting" this thread, because I'd like to have couple more games, preferably as Allies this time. Or Axis... does not matter really, tell me your preference.

FOW ON, advanced supply. Auto supply and area supply - tell me your preference. We play with autovictory rules, and end date. (If you want to play Axis with No end date, I will have no problems with it though [:D]).

Please use e-mail, and contact me on oleg@_REMOVE_bug.hr

Manually remove the _REMOVE_ part.

O.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:22 pm
by Oleg Mastruko
Michael P. I replied to you but mails bounce back - guess there's some problem with your mail server... will keep trying.

Anyone else in the mood for a game? [:D]

O.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:45 pm
by Maginot
I am willing to play, but as of now I haven't actually gotten to play a human oponent. In all three of my PBEM games I'm either Russia or the Western Allies so the turn hasn't made it to me yet. I would be willing to play you, but know ahead of time I'm not sure I'll be much of a challenge...

If you want to play, I'm ok with just about any settings.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:16 pm
by Oleg Mastruko
Maginot, level of experience should not be a problem, you can always consider this as learning experience (or I may come to consider it as such [8D])

Send me an email to oleg@bug.hr, and I'll reply with first Axis turn.

O.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:20 pm
by Paul Vebber
I'll give you a go Oleg. Either side.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:38 pm
by Oleg Mastruko
Great, Paul which side? You can mail me at oleg@bug.hr

O.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:39 pm
by Maginot
Email sent Oleg.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:36 pm
by 5cats
Hi Oleg & everyone else too!
I've finally gotten the courage to try PBEM with humans, lol
My e-mail is dee5cats@hotmail.com
I prefer NO FoW, either advanced or regular supply is OK by me.
I'll take either allies or axis, auto victory & end date are ok, not mandatory.
I can usually expect to do a few turns a day, one-a-day is good for me too.
I'm off to re-read the PBEM rules & stuff...

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:48 am
by Oleg Mastruko
5cats I'd prefer playing with FOW. If that's OK I'll let you pick sides, and we can play [8D]

O.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:26 pm
by 5cats
Hummm, I think I'd have to try FoW in a solo game, just to figure it out first...
I'll check back soon!

Later: Ok, just tried FoW & it's a little different :) If you "find" new units you can't sneak back so easily, eek!
Anyhow, I'll fire a game upo and send it off to you Oleg.

RE: 1 vs 1 PBEM

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:23 am
by aletoledo
ok, I think I'm ready then for a game if you don't have too many other games going.

rules and sides don't matter too much to me, just don't set me with auto or area supply if you start the game up as axis. if you'd like me to play axis, let me know if you'd like these set (or simple supply if you'd prefer).

aletoledo@yahoo.com