Page 1 of 1
New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:03 pm
by The Gnome
I wish there was an additional bombardment mission exclusively for invasion support. This would add fire support to the off loading transports and attempt to take out CD's and troops as opposed to hitting airfields and ports.
Plus I'd like it to remain on station and hangout near the beaches rather than switch over to a surface combat role.
RE: New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:14 pm
by pauk
AFAIK, bombardement will aslo affect CD guns. (Air attack on the port, also).
RE: New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:05 pm
by Moquia
ORIGINAL: The Gnome
I wish there was an additional bombardment mission exclusively for invasion support. This would add fire support to the off loading transports and attempt to take out CD's and troops as opposed to hitting airfields and ports.
Plus I'd like it to remain on station and hangout near the beaches rather than switch over to a surface combat role.
Adding cruisers to your transport TFs does just that.
RE: New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:08 pm
by Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: Moquia
ORIGINAL: The Gnome
I wish there was an additional bombardment mission exclusively for invasion support. This would add fire support to the off loading transports and attempt to take out CD's and troops as opposed to hitting airfields and ports.
Plus I'd like it to remain on station and hangout near the beaches rather than switch over to a surface combat role.
Adding cruisers to your transport TFs does just that.
It s a great way to get the stuffing knocked out of them. The routine focuses on combat ships first, the biggest ones.
RE: New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:11 pm
by Moquia
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
It s a great way to get the stuffing knocked out of them. The routine focuses on combat ships first, the biggest ones.
Well send in a couple of BBs first then, to soften them up [8D].
RE: New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:11 pm
by ckk
You can switch back to bombardment. Sometimes I find that I have 5 or more rounds left and can bombard again. Also It's good to stay around in case there is a counter invasion or enemy bombardment run.
RE: New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:19 pm
by Rob322
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: Moquia
ORIGINAL: The Gnome
I wish there was an additional bombardment mission exclusively for invasion support. This would add fire support to the off loading transports and attempt to take out CD's and troops as opposed to hitting airfields and ports.
Plus I'd like it to remain on station and hangout near the beaches rather than switch over to a surface combat role.
Adding cruisers to your transport TFs does just that.
It s a great way to get the stuffing knocked out of them. The routine focuses on combat ships first, the biggest ones.
Well the Allies have a lot of cruisers. Personally, I'd rather them knock the crap out of a CA than an LST/AP that's carrying my HQ unit or the tank battalion or something I'll need on the ground. The Army/Marines need to take the place they're hitting and you'll need as many of them as you can muster. The Navy will do it's job.
RE: New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:23 pm
by The Gnome
ORIGINAL: Rob322
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: Moquia
Adding cruisers to your transport TFs does just that.
It s a great way to get the stuffing knocked out of them. The routine focuses on combat ships first, the biggest ones.
Well the Allies have a lot of cruisers. Personally, I'd rather them knock the crap out of a CA than an LST/AP that's carrying my HQ unit or the tank battalion or something I'll need on the ground. The Army/Marines need to take the place they're hitting and you'll need as many of them as you can muster. The Navy will do it's job.
Why not allow BB's in Transport TF's? I never understood the logic of that one. It would be the perfect role for those old, slow pre-war battle wagons.
RE: New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:36 am
by crsutton
ORIGINAL: The Gnome
ORIGINAL: Rob322
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
It s a great way to get the stuffing knocked out of them. The routine focuses on combat ships first, the biggest ones.
Well the Allies have a lot of cruisers. Personally, I'd rather them knock the crap out of a CA than an LST/AP that's carrying my HQ unit or the tank battalion or something I'll need on the ground. The Army/Marines need to take the place they're hitting and you'll need as many of them as you can muster. The Navy will do it's job.
Why not allow BB's in Transport TF's? I never understood the logic of that one. It would be the perfect role for those old, slow pre-war battle wagons.
This has been a big beef of mine ever since I got UV. You can't put old BBs in a transport TF for counterbattery work. Why the heck not? Sigh....they never listen to me...............
RE: New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:42 am
by pompack
ORIGINAL: ckk
You can switch back to bombardment. Sometimes I find that I have 5 or more rounds left and can bombard again. Also It's good to stay around in case there is a counter invasion or enemy bombardment run.
Have a BB TF do one round of bombardment then merge the TF into the invasion TF. Now the BBs will absorb the CD guns AND do additional bombardment if they have the ammo.
RE: New Type of Bombardment mission
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:24 pm
by Captain Cruft
You can put BBs into Transport TFs, though it's quite possible a bug.
First, make an Escort TF containing all the ships you desire.
Second, change the mission type to Transport.
Third, load up and off you go!