Page 1 of 1
ok...guys/gals..I'm stumped
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 7:50 am
by Huffy
Since I was having trouble with the Mega-Campain...I started a WW2 campain in the camp folder....and I got through the first battle...and upgraded a few units...but now it won't let me advance...anyone else having trouble?
Scenarieos play fine...
Thank you...
Huffy
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 11:45 am
by Wild Bill
More info, Huffy! When you say no advance do you mean you can't go to the next battle? Does it freeze on you? Or does it suddenly end?
Which countries, what year? Generated campaign...long?
Let's see if we can figure this one out..WB
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 12:55 pm
by skukko
C&C On/defence stance?
mosh
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 10:34 pm
by Huffy
ok...here goes...played WW2 camp, took Canadians vs. Germans...(imported British and US equipment for the Canadian army). played the first battle of the campain, saw the results screen at the end. Upgraded some of my units...then when I hit continue...it went to the pick your front screen...and the only flag I saw was french..but there were 2 maps,I asume the other was Italian(judging from the map and location).
It would not let me pick the french or click on anything. Could not even get out of screen...had to hit Cntl, alt,...del. and get out that way...tried it twice...same both times.
I'll try a different campain...and see if it does it there also.
I do have all the upgrades that are offered on Fabio's site.(except for stereo sound upgrade).
Thanks all...
Huffy
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 6:00 pm
by Larry Holt
Originally posted by Huffy:
ok...here goes...played WW2 camp, took Canadians vs. Germans[snip]Huffy
Ahh, There is a bug that allows you to start a campaign with minor nations but not continue. I know that this is a problem with Poles, etc. I think only the big 6 work with campaigns (US Army, USMC, Brits, Germans, Soviets, Japanese).
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 8:53 pm
by Warhorse
Larry, that's correct, I really wish this one was corrected, rather than make a two-player campaign, but that's just me!! Best thing to do is play as British, buy all Canadian equipment, then use the Chlanda editor to change the experience and morale to that of the Canadians. Really sucks, but hey, it works, just wrong flag.
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 11:46 pm
by Huffy
ok...thank you .Was hoping it wasn't anything major.
Huffy
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 7:23 am
by Huffy
Sorry guys....wasn't the problem...I started the WW2 campain again...with US ARMY...but as soon as I landed on the beach ..BOOM...crashed to desktop ...again...
Any more ideas ...open to any...talk about a pouting lip...my kids would be impressed.
Any way...keep in touch..thanks for all your help and suggestions.
Take care.....Huffy
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 1:54 pm
by TheZel66
What system are you running the game on??
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 7:35 pm
by Saltone
Does that mean that it is impossible to play as any minor nation, at all, ever, in any long WWII campaign, beyond the first couple scenarios?
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 8:24 pm
by Huffy
900P3, 512 ram, 40G hd, sound blaster live plat , win 98with all updates and DX8, voodoo 5 5500.....Hope you have a idea for me...thanks...
Huffy
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 8:18 am
by Huffy
hey...I had a idea about pulling everything off and puting it back on from scratch. So that's what I did...and started a new camp...USSR vs. GER..so we'll see.
Thanks all....take care..
Huffy
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 8:34 am
by David Heath
Hi Guys
We are looking into this.
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 4:42 am
by Huffy
Hey David...just a note..I deleted everything...and reinstalled with up dates...so far so good...didn't try mega yet...but the regular WW2 camp (i chose Russia)went to the next battle ok...so far...(only the second battle).
thought it might help...
take care
Huffy