Page 1 of 1

Aaaaaaargh!

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 4:17 pm
by ParaBellum
Hi folks.
I just downloaded SPWAW.
I got an 56k modem, so it took a loooong time... And then, when I tried to unzip the monster, I got the message:"invalid compressed data to inflate".
NOOOO!!! Not now! Please...

:mad:

400 MB with a 56k modem...
So now I'm sitting here, reading the manual, staring at the CD cover with sad eyes...
Yeah, I know, I should've ordered the mega campaign and so got a CD. But I waited for the russian front campaign since I'm not interested so much in desert warfare.
And, living in Germany, the download already was quite expensive.

So, my humble question:
is there a kind soul (perhaps even here in Germany) who could send me a CD with the SPWAW files? Of course I would pay for the CD and shipping costs.

Thx in advance

Jochen Baur

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 4:32 pm
by Cromort
sorry to hear that ParaBellum
i've got a similar problem. :mad:
by the way do you have unzip installed
(well , you never know) :rolleyes:

hope your problem will be fixed soon because there are a lot of good souls on the matrix forum :D
bye

"I have not yet begun to fight!"
-John Paul Jones

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 4:52 pm
by ParaBellum
Thx Cromort.
Yeah, I already heard some stories about the great comunity you guys have here.
That's one of the reasons for my question.

And, yes, I do have Winzip (V 8.0)installed.
I had no problems with other SPWAW .zip files (patches, manual, etc.) Just the most important one wasn't so cooperative...

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 5:05 pm
by mucius
Hi,
just drop me an e-mail, Ill send it to you on cd...

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 5:17 pm
by ParaBellum
Wow, thx mucius!
That was pretty fast.
Email is on its way...
:)

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 7:15 pm
by ParaBellum
Thx to all the guys who emailed me and offered to help.
I would've never expected such a response!

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 4:34 am
by Tombstone
Happy stories at Matix Games... sop.

Tomo

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 5:20 am
by Supervisor
Me too, I thing I shed a tear no wait it's just enemy blood splat LOL. The generosity of this forum has yet to cease to amaze me. Another satisfied customer to be. Yippee :cool: :cool: :cool: