Page 1 of 1
Quotes from the top
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:55 pm
by Sarge
Get a load of some of these quotes taken from well known publishers in the industry [:D],sorry no names.
*LINK*
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:35 pm
by old man of the sea
I've heard worse.......
E
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:00 pm
by Lucifuge
I like:
“Why don’t you do a game about D-Day. Now that would sell. Nobody wants to play a game about Normandy.” – Producer for major publisher after reading the Design Document for 101: The Airborne Invasion of Normandy.
and
“Let’s see, we are giving you one more month to finish up those changes. Could you also make it so that we can see the backs of the buildings. You know, rotate the view.” - Producer for major publisher, asking us to take a 2D engine and turn it into a 3D engine in one month.
The best

RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:59 pm
by Hertston
ORIGINAL: old man of the sea
I've heard worse.......
E
And indeed posted some there, I see. The question is, are any of those from Matrix peeps? And if so, will they come out with a smile and admit it (we'll accept the "taken of context" excuse, honest [;)] ), deny everything, or keep a noble silence? [:D]
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:05 pm
by old man of the sea
ORIGINAL: Hertston
ORIGINAL: old man of the sea
I've heard worse.......
E
And indeed posted some there, I see. The question is, are any of those from Matrix peeps? And if so, will they come out with a smile and admit it (we'll accept the "taken of context" excuse, honest [;)] ), deny everything, or keep a noble silence? [:D]
Those are just three of many I have in a similar chapter of a book I'm righting about the industry. They are the first three, from 15 years ago, so no, they have nothing to with marix games.
E
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:52 pm
by VicKevlar
Book??!! Dammit.....when is it coming out Mad Bunny? I want to purchase a signed copy.
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:16 pm
by old man of the sea
When I'm 60, retired, and have all my assets in a trust that can't be taken away, I am naming names.
E
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:22 pm
by VicKevlar
Won't be that long then huh? [;)][;)][;)]
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:27 pm
by old man of the sea
I'm sure you will be alive to read it you whipper snapper.
E
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:11 pm
by Zap
Get a load of some of these quotes taken from well known
WOW!
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:45 am
by DamoclesX
I've always thought the suits were nothing more then shaved monkeys
sadly I really overestimated them.
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:54 am
by Rooster
[:D] CC II and III - has to be some stories there with MS as the publisher.
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:09 am
by Sarge
"We only hire game designers with no experience, so that we can train them."-Producer. When asked who trained them ,he said,"They just learn by trial and error"
[:D] Don't see how that can be taken out of context, but lets hope so
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:07 am
by Marc von Martial
ORIGINAL: Rooster
[:D] CC II and III - has to be some stories there with MS as the publisher.
Why, both where excellent titles?
RE: Quotes from the top
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:10 pm
by old man of the sea
My only stories about Microsoft are that it was the best time of my life.
E