Page 1 of 1

game won't start

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:24 am
by piperdave
When I try to start the game the screen goes black..music starts and then just locks up my computer. I believe I have all the latest drivers and still nothing. Please help!



RE: game won't start

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:00 am
by Joel Billings
Try increasing your virtual memory to at least 1500 MB. There may be other problems that the tech guys can point out, but I noticed your VM is low.

RE: game won't start

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:02 am
by Marc von Martial
Hi, you have a sound card and your "SiS 7012 Wave" onboard sound chip running at the same time. PLease turn off the onboard sound chip in the BIOS (your BIOS manual should show you how to do that). Running a soundcard and the soundchip at the same time can cause conflicts.

RE: game won't start

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:30 am
by piperdave
Well I did both suggestions and still no go. This game still locks up right away with a black screen. I was looking through some other posts and one mentioned the Sound Blaster Live card(which I have) as being too old and not direct x 9.0c compatible. Would this be the cause of this problem? I would have thought it a graphics problem but not with my card. I am playing most of the big games out there with no problems encountered anywhere before except for this game.

Any more help would be great cause I really wanna play this game!!!

RE: game won't start

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:28 pm
by MrQuiet
I was looking through some other posts and one mentioned the Sound Blaster Live card(which I have) as being too old and not direct x 9.0c compatible. Would this be the cause of this problem?

Just for info: I am running soundblaster live with no problems. I have only had one ctd since I installed the game and it was after many hours of play and idle time. Since then I have disabled screen saver and power saver and no problems since.

-MrQuiet

RE: game won't start

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:49 pm
by Erik Rutins
Deathmonger,
ORIGINAL: deathmonger
Well I did both suggestions and still no go. This game still locks up right away with a black screen. I was looking through some other posts and one mentioned the Sound Blaster Live card(which I have) as being too old and not direct x 9.0c compatible. Would this be the cause of this problem? I would have thought it a graphics problem but not with my card. I am playing most of the big games out there with no problems encountered anywhere before except for this game.

Did you update your SB Live drivers? The ones in the original DxDiag were from 2002. If you could, please post a new DxDiag now that you've made the requested changes. Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik