Page 1 of 1
Preference settings
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 4:42 am
by Truckeye
do you have to adjust the settings for each scenario, campaign, and mega campaign, or are the missions preferences that were set when the scenario were designed automatically update your prefs?
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 5:15 am
by Supervisor
I'm pretty sure that once you set you prefs they will stay that way until you change them again (mine have and I've played a mix of everything except PBEM and online). I don't think Campaigns or Scen have the power to change the dredded steel.prf file. We have enough problems with it as it is, God forbid if the game could alter it also.
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 7:55 am
by Warrior
Some scenarios are designed using certain preferences that may affect play, but in general the preferences you set will be the ones that count.
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 8:13 pm
by Grimm
I believe that if you are playing PBEM games, the settings from the email game will over ride and reset your preferences.
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 11:24 am
by Fabs
My experience is that if you are playing solitaire you have to amend preferences to play a scenario with set preferences as part of the design, and amend them back when you are finished if you want to avoid playing every other game with that pref set.
It would be neat if when loading a scenario the design pref set would automatically be updated, but I don't think that the editor saves the pref set with the scenario when this is saved.
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 1:37 pm
by Don
Fabs is right - you have to change your scenario preferences, and the designer will tell you in the text of any special settings.
Man that would be neat to have them automatically change!
