Page 1 of 2
Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:33 am
by rogueusmc
Season one coming to DVD 24th of next month...it is mine!!!
Airwolf season one and Quincy season one is coming out the same day.
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:30 am
by Tankerace
Nice.... always did love that series. "You know, he crashed 3 planes, and shot down a friendly. If he gets one more, he'll be a Japanese ace!"
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:40 am
by wild_Willie2
I can understand BAA BAA, if only for the corsair scenes used, but AIRWOLF .................COME ON!!! [:-][:-][:-][:-]
When that series was on in the 80's I was just a kid (11 or 12 years old) but even then I knew that hellfire missiles did not come in 4 neat 2 inch tube arranged underneat your helo. HAWK even fired a "copperhead" more than once from these 2 inch tubes [;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]. Ever noticed they used the same explosion scenes OVER AND OVER AGAIN?. And IF a "hellfire" would miss an air target (god forgive) and hit the water, you would see a WW2 DC explosion scene.................[:(][:(][:(]
cunclusion:
AIRWOLF -------> VERY VERY BAD
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:52 pm
by Skyros
Quincy???[8|]
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:00 pm
by rogueusmc
Qunicy was a M.E. that solved crimes and got all the chicks...[:D]
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:00 pm
by rogueusmc
ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2
I can understand BAA BAA, if only for the corsair scenes used, but AIRWOLF .................COME ON!!! [:-][:-][:-][:-]
When that series was on in the 80's I was just a kid (11 or 12 years old) but even then I knew that hellfire missiles did not come in 4 neat 2 inch tube arranged underneat your helo. HAWK even fired a "copperhead" more than once from these 2 inch tubes [;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]. Ever noticed they used the same explosion scenes OVER AND OVER AGAIN?. And IF a "hellfire" would miss an air target (god forgive) and hit the water, you would see a WW2 DC explosion scene.................[:(][:(][:(]
cunclusion:
AIRWOLF -------> VERY VERY BAD
It was the A-Team with a helicopter.
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:31 pm
by Skyros
A bit old for the chicks though, He was the original CSI. The show got old near the end where every episode he was on a crusade or something.
ORIGINAL: rogueusmc
Qunicy was a M.E. that solved crimes and got all the chicks...[:D]
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:04 pm
by Sinjen
Those were supposed to be bullpup missiles, not hellfires. Yes I agree they overused certain scenes way too much. A-team was just as bad, they had footage they overused way too much.
ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2
I can understand BAA BAA, if only for the corsair scenes used, but AIRWOLF .................COME ON!!! [:-][:-][:-][:-]
When that series was on in the 80's I was just a kid (11 or 12 years old) but even then I knew that hellfire missiles did not come in 4 neat 2 inch tube arranged underneat your helo. HAWK even fired a "copperhead" more than once from these 2 inch tubes [;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]. Ever noticed they used the same explosion scenes OVER AND OVER AGAIN?. And IF a "hellfire" would miss an air target (god forgive) and hit the water, you would see a WW2 DC explosion scene.................[:(][:(][:(]
cunclusion:
AIRWOLF -------> VERY VERY BAD
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:19 am
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Skyros
A bit old for the chicks though, He was the original CSI. The show got old near the end where every episode he was on a crusade or something.
ORIGINAL: rogueusmc
Qunicy was a M.E. that solved crimes and got all the chicks...[:D]
Quincy almost gave pathologists a good name. In every show where there was a pathologist (before Quincy), the pathologist was either evil, or a victim, or both (mostly evil or both).
Now its down to 60% or so (or evil or victims or both). A few series depict pathologists are decent human beings. Note that (most of) the folks on CSI are not pathologists (MDs) but technicians, forensic anthropologists, etc.
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:38 am
by donkuchi19
The guy who played Sam on Quincy was also in Midway (The movie with Charleton Heston). He was either Genda or Fuchida. I forget which. I always liked the police line-up at the beginning of the show where they all passed out while watching an autopsy.
I was hoping Baa Baa Blacksheep would come out eventualy. I taped a marathon on the History Channel once but I don't have a VCR in my den anymore. I always like watching WWII Pacific DVD's while playing WITP or general WWII DVD's while playing WAW. (or star wars while playing KOTR)
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:16 pm
by Captain Ed
I remember watching Quincy did he have a first name I don`t recall anyone calling him anything but Quinc or Quincy I assume Quincy was his last name.[&:]
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:14 am
by freeboy
at least in BBB they used Corsairs. a very sexy plane The story line was often lame...
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:06 am
by rogueusmc
Corsairs and alcohol are a sexy combination...they really played up Greg's drinking and attitude and made it very entertaining.
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:09 am
by SpitfireIX
ORIGINAL: donkuchi
The guy who played Sam on Quincy was also in Midway (The movie with Charleton Heston). He was either Genda or Fuchida. I forget which. I always liked the police line-up at the beginning of the show where they all passed out while watching an autopsy.
The actor's name is Robert Ito, and he played Genda. See his entry in the IMDB
here.
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:33 am
by Gem35
It was the A-Team with a helicopter.
rofl [:D][:D]
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:44 am
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Captain Ed
I remember watching Quincy did he have a first name I don`t recall anyone calling him anything but Quinc or Quincy I assume Quincy was his last name.[&:]
From a QUINCY, ME site:
"His first name was never given in the series although he carried a business card which revealed his first initial as R. The series was created by Glen A. Larson."
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:32 am
by Yamato hugger
ORIGINAL: Captain Ed
I remember watching Quincy did he have a first name I don`t recall anyone calling him anything but Quinc or Quincy I assume Quincy was his last name.[&:]
It was Doctor Quincy, so yes was his last name. Nope, never gave away the mytique of his first name. Very educational show, for the most part.
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:56 am
by sacorsair
Well the Corsairs were not the only sex objects on the show. The Navy nurses on there would almost be worth getting shot for !!!! [:D]

RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:59 am
by Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: Skyros
Quincy???[8|]
Us older ones Had many fun TV series... TV isn't like it used to be [:D]
RE: Baa Baa Blacksheep
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:59 am
by sacorsair