Page 1 of 1
If you want to know about SPWAW 7.0...
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 5:25 am
by Fabio Prado
Take a look at The ARMOR Site!
And see what is coming your way really soon!
The ARMOR Site's SPWAW NEWS Page!
Enjoy!
Fab
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 7:11 am
by Krec
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 4:00 pm
by lnp4668
Cools

I stop playing the long WW2 campaign because the AI becomes a pushover. Now there will be a possiblity of a long campaign again.
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 7:27 pm
by Gen. Maczek
Hoorah! No more dumb AI !
Thanks and Regards.
Gen. Maczek
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 8:39 pm
by Resisti
Any idea how big the download will be ?
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 8:12 pm
by helm123
Been playing Steel Panthers since the first one hit the shelves in the local software store. Cant remember the full name but even played the first two games that were kinda the parents of Steel Panthers on the old Commodore 64. Think the name was Typhoon something. One was for the European theather and the other was the Pacific.
Well To get down to it what I think we really need is a building that is multi leveled.
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 8:19 am
by David boutwell
Hey, Mike!
Finally another active Steel Panthers player from my neck of the woods!
David Boutwell
Bull Run Mountain (Haymarket, VA)
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 8:39 am
by SAMWolf
Originally posted by Mike Helmick:
Been playing Steel Panthers since the first one hit the shelves in the local software store. Cant remember the full name but even played the first two games that were kinda the parents of Steel Panthers on the old Commodore 64. Think the name was Typhoon something. One was for the European theather and the other was the Pacific.
Well To get down to it what I think we really need is a building that is multi leveled.
Panzer Strike and Typhoon of Steel by SSI.
I had then on my Apple II+.
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 10:38 am
by RolandRahn_MatrixForum
Originally posted by SAMWolf:
Panzer Strike and Typhoon of Steel by SSI.
I had then on my Apple II+.
Yes! Typhoon of Steel was great.....
Also I remember playing the Iwo Jima scenario was a little frustrating....
One turn represented something like one or two minutes or so and it took 30 minutes on my old C64...
But the first game in this line was, as far as I know, Kampfgruppe by Gary Grisby (WWII, Germans vs. Soviets). This was followed by Battle group (WWII, US. vs. Germans), Mech Brigade (Nato vs. Warsaw Pact), Typhoon of Steel (WWII in the Pacific [US. vs. Japanese], in Asia [UK vs Japanese] and ETO [US vs. Germans]; This was the first game of this great series that I played).
Some of these Games can be found at
www.theunderdogs.org .....
It's interesting to see such a game today and remember the long, long road from Kampfgruppe to SPWAW......
In this context a big thank you to Gary Grisby and the Matrix.
Kind regards,
Roland
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 10:59 am
by Randy
Fabio, will there be more scenarios added to
version 7.0? Thanks.
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 7:32 pm
by SAMWolf
Originally posted by RolandRahn:
Yes! Typhoon of Steel was great.....
Roland
You have to admit that the graphics have definately improved from "Typhoon of Steel" and SPWAW.
[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: SAMWolf ]
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 7:49 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Regarding Underdogs
Great site, but a lot of games in there are faulty in some manner. I downloaded a few I wanted but to date was only able to get one to work.
Fortunately it was the main game I wanted.
I got a copy of the game Allied General (my computer wasnt able to run it when it was marketed), just wish software was marketable like boxed board wargames long after initial release.
Alas the software for Fantasy General, and Pacific General were faulty in some way (yes I tried more than one download).
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 8:02 pm
by Bing
I remember playing "The Perfect General" endlessly. Lots of fun, many of the scenarios came down to the last turn in a make-it-or-break-it mode.
Somehow that graphic Sam posted looks like embroidery on my monitor. I guess that despite all the system problems we really HAVE come a long way, baby.
There are even a couple new flight sims on the way. Has anyone seen the new Harpoon yet?
Bing
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 10:10 pm
by DoubleDeuce
Originally posted by Bing:
Somehow that graphic Sam posted looks like embroidery on my monitor.
Bing
Its not the monitor. Thats just the graphics!

Image that on and 14 inch monitor!
Ahhh! Ancient history.