Page 1 of 1
Squash a Rodent: noobler ready to be beaten down
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:17 am
by RodentDung
Yup, Rodent looks both ways down the long empty highway and gets ready to sprint across it knowing a big truck will come exactly on time to reduce his height to about 2 mm.
I want to try playing by email for the first time. Having practiced with only one full game of Germany '41, I've never played allies or Russia and only very briefly with Japan on single player and am trying the 1943 campaign now but I will play any country to the last bullet and last man. I'm ready to go down under fire. Becoming roadkill couldn't be that bad could it?
Open to any game/country. I prefer to have advanced supply, fog of war on, and set no end date/no auto victory so the game doesn't get cut off. I don't care whether auto supply is on or not and never tried area supply whatever that is.
I want to join like one 4 people game and one 2 people game or whatever is available (I feel like I'm ordering options on commodities). I live in Japan so timing is a bit weird but I guarantee at least one move a day and can probably do more cause I'm between jobs right now and waiting for things to get rolling again.
LET'S GET IT ON C'MON!!!
email:
TurnipPosey@hotmail.com
RE: Squash a Rodent: noobler ready to be beaten down
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:37 am
by dembe73
Hi Rodent,
I would like to play you as Axis in a 2 p game (would be my first game against a human on that side).
As you have never played the Allies, I think the options advanced supply, fog of war on, and set no end date/no auto victory are OK, although I am wondering a little on the No end date option: I think the best I can do is capture everything except the US (and maybe Canada) without using silly exploits.
If you are happy with this, please let me know, so I will send you the first save game.
Regards,
Dembe
RE: Squash a Rodent: noobler ready to be beaten down
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:38 pm
by MrQuiet
sent you a PM
RE: Squash a Rodent: noobler ready to be beaten down
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:52 pm
by RodentDung
Okay sounds cool dembe. The reason I like no end date is to avoid cut off during good war. The axis don't need to take over many things to win. Allies can resign when the axis have a strong advantage like if Russia falls.
Please send save game
RE: Squash a Rodent: noobler ready to be beaten down
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:00 pm
by MrQuiet
You can turn 'Auto Victory' off and leave 'End Date' on and the war will run until fall46.
The reason I like no end date is to avoid cut off during good war.
RE: Squash a Rodent: noobler ready to be beaten down
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:26 pm
by RodentDung
MrQuiet, I got your PM and responded. I'll have a game with you as well if all is well. I can go with autovictory on but prefer no end date cause I think the axis needed to have done more than just hold out to get a real victory. I just have no idea how much area the axis need to capture to trigger the autovictory. [:)]
Also I'm wondering about heavy bombers. Do people edit the armor value out or just agree not to tech up their evasion too much? For me, I prefer to put my tech into stuff like ASW and tanks and stuff like that.
RE: Squash a Rodent: noobler ready to be beaten down
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:40 pm
by MrQuiet
I think for balance reasons there has to be an end date. Without an end date it is just a matter of time until the Allies destroy the Axis between two equally skilled players.
RE: Squash a Rodent: noobler ready to be beaten down
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:42 am
by RodentDung
Okay dembe and me got a game cooking. I love this game. I want to get a second PBEM cooking if someone has the time. I will play either side no problem and won't rip you to shreds since I'm still just getting used to the game. Also I don't mind to play a different campaign if there's interest.
korbelz, do you want to play?
My new idea for PBEM (...already? I just started this game) is to play Campaign IV 1943 with a teamate on axis. Trust me, it will take 2 good players on axis to win against the AI on that scenario if no end date is selected. If you want to play this with me, please try it in single player for a few turns first to get a feel for it.
In PBEM games, I know most people want to have end date to save the axis from defeat but its just my character not rely on the bell. I play chess all the time like 2 and 3 minute speed games. I only go for checkmate every game and never try to stall my opponent into a time loss so its just the way I play. Almost all online chess players only try to get time wins instead of checkmate because no thinking is needed for that, but I like the satisfaction of actually winning on the board rather than on the clock. I choose fast games to see my opponents go into a panic during my attacks. Its fun. But don't worry about me in this game cause I'm still a noodle. [:)]
RE: Squash a Rodent: noobler ready to be beaten down
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:01 pm
by jimmyfitz93
ill play that but i assure you im worse then you so it would probably be better if i was russia and/or china
my email is
drconiption@netscape.net
RE: Squash a Rodent: noobler ready to be beaten down
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:46 pm
by RodentDung
jimmy, that's cool if you want to play Russia and China (their turns are connected right?), then we should another player to handle the western allies or axis. So I can do either axis or allies. Let's see if someone else wants to join. [8D]
jimmy are you ok with advanced supply? I can leave auto supply on to make it easier.