Page 1 of 1

combat that dont make senses

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:14 pm
by Pocus
Hi again,

I have started to check in details the combats, and there is some modifiers that appears which dont really make senses to me. I have the saves.

1. artillery fire. Sometime the defending units get the -1 eva penalty at range 1, thanks to the arties having firedt at range 2, sometimes they still have their full eva.
2. I often have on Germany first turn a -1 to dices (not -1 to a stat, just a little but still annoying -1). I dont quite understand why. Yes I play without any handicaps in these games.
3. Sometime a defending unit get a +1 eva bonus. I first thought that it was because the unit firing on the defender was already hit, but then this +1 eva dont appears each time.

Well thats all... I would like to discuss these issues more with somebody, perhaps Joel if he is ok.

RE: combat that dont make senses

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:00 am
by 5cats
Any attacking ground unit gets -1 when shooting at a defending ground unit.
It would help if the combat results explained all the modifiers...

RE: combat that dont make senses

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:40 pm
by Joel Billings
If you have a combat with a modifier that seems suspect, we need to have a detailed description of the problem and if at all possible a save that will allow us to recreate the battle. Posted screenshot(s) if they show the entire battle can help if you give us the details of the battle, but a save helps us verify items like game options, locations even if the bug does not reproduce 100% of the time on loading the save. Testers are working on figuring out a few odd situations now so help is appreciated.

Keith did correct a bug that was keeping a few units from attacking at all in some cases that have been reported, and this fix will be in the next patch. It took a save we got showing 3 air units attacking a stack (with the 3rd unit not attacking anything) for Keith to find and fix the bug.

RE: combat that dont make senses

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:21 pm
by Pocus
Hi Joel,
I sent you a save. If you can tell me whats going on in this combat...

RE: combat that dont make senses

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:32 pm
by Pocus
ok, sent it another time. Tell me if you dont have it within some hours and I will put it on a ftp.