Page 1 of 1

Error:Fatal can't load \dat\art.txt

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:08 pm
by Traveler
I was playing this morning and everything was fine. Took a break, came back and now the game won't run. I keep getting this error message> Error:Fatal can't load \dat\art.txt

I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalled it first without the patch then with the patch and I get the same error. What is happening???????

RE: Error:Fatal can't load \dat\art.txt

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:23 pm
by Erik Rutins
Traveler,

That's very odd indeed. Can you go in with Windows Explorer and confirm that the file in question is where it should be (the \dat subdirectory of your GGWaW installation)? Has anything else changed? Have you tried turning off all background programs and seeing if that helps?

Regards,

- Erik

RE: Error:Fatal can't load \dat\art.txt

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:34 pm
by Traveler
Seemed to have fixed it. I uninstalled WaW again; butr this time I defraged my drive before reinstalling the game.