Page 1 of 1

Research Bug

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:12 am
by QBeam
I'm encountering a bug that is preventing me from spending production points on tech. I buy the points, but when I go to spend them, the "+" button stops working. I can take points back out with the "-" button, but can't put them back in to anything. Has anyone seen this problem?


RE: Research Bug

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:18 am
by AlvinS
The maximum you can spend per turn is 3 on any one attribute unless you are above the world standard. When you first start to research an attribute you can spend 1 research point, then the next turn you can spent 2, then on susequent turns you can spend three points.

RE: Research Bug

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:19 am
by Grotius
Also, if you buy something, then give it back, the AI may allocate your newly freed-up industrial points in some way other than beakers. The workaround is to go back to your production screen and make sure you've got spare beakers after you "give back" a couple research points.

RE: Research Bug

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:42 am
by hakon
I have seen something simmilar. I think it happened during the movement phase of the turn though. Research ended up at -1, and i couldnt take it back up to 0. Really wierd.

RE: Research Bug

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:56 pm
by QBeam
Sorry, I should have given more information. In my case, I had ample reasearch points available (as indicated by the upper right number in the panel that comes up when you click on a stat to improve it), and I was not attempting to spend more than I was allowed in a given category. In fact, I wasn't allowed to spend anything at all on any category, once the bug appeared. Before then I was adding research points normally. It just seemed like when I clicked on a certain stat, I was no longer able to add points to any of the stats, though I could go back and take points out of things I'd already invested in that turn.

I've seen this bug twice now, both in cases where I was spending an abnormally large amount on research. Once was with the Russians, when I put their entire economy on research. The other was with the Wallies, when I put about 80% of their economy on research. I'm wondering if the bug is related to that.