Page 1 of 1

Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:44 pm
by Vyshka
Has anyone read this book by David Chandler? I just got this beast in the mail today.

RE: Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:30 am
by simone.donnini
Wonderful book! I have read it twice. I really liked it, its very entertaining, i expecially liked the campaign details and the anecdotes of the era

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as i did

RE: Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:24 pm
by Nordiska
I've read it too, now let's take some bets. Odds on Vyshka finishing the book before EIA is out?[;)]

RE: Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:32 pm
by sol_invictus
I have owned the book for years and probably have read it three or four times. Excellent book imo. Certainly a must read if you are interested in the era.

RE: Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:15 pm
by Capt Cliff
Anatomy of Glory is another good book, al about the Guard!

RE: Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:11 pm
by Hoche
ORIGINAL: Nordiska

I've read it too, now let's take some bets. Odds on Vyshka finishing the book before EIA is out?[;)]

I bet he finishes the book twice before EiA comes out and reads War and Peace.

I guess 2 1/2 years of waiting has made me cynical.

RE: Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:14 pm
by Nordiska
Hoche,
As am I (becoming a cynic).


As George Bernard Shaw said "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."

Oh well least Knights of the old republic 2 is out for the PC, back to that.[8|]

RE: Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:59 pm
by Hanal
Thanks for the heads up about this book....I just ordered it and look forward to a good summer read!

RE: Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:37 pm
by donkuchi19
I read War and Peace in three days. (then again, I read Crime and Punishment in one day). Yes I read fast. I always go back and read them again though. I start reading books like this and can't put them down. (Did the same thing with all of the Tom Clancy Novels and the Harry Potter ones too)

RE: Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:50 pm
by Vyshka
I'll see if I can read War and Peace in Russian before EiA comes out. :) Have to put that year spent in
Monterey at DLI to good use.

RE: Campaigns of Napoleon

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:54 pm
by Vyshka
I'm hoping that it will get released Origins actually. Especially since I will be going this year. [:D]