Page 1 of 1

Cannot initiate combat and and turn

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:05 am
by Grifman
Ok, I am in West Germany, just took it after invading. Now I want to move on to Denmark and take it, same turn, with some armor. Now I pull up the "menu" with all my unit icons. Here I get some strange results:

1) The first time I tried to invade, I pulled a tank from the second icon stack (the one with 3 tanks) in the "menu" - it moved into Denmark, but when I tried to finish the fight, clicking on the popup, nothing happens. Combat will not complete.

2) However, if I pull from the first stack of icons (with 2 tanks) and invade, combat will initiate as usual and will finish as usual.

Don't know what is going on, but I included a save file for research. I changed the .sav file to a .txt file so I could upload it. If that doesn't work then tell me what I need to do to provide you with the file.

Great game. Thanks!


RE: Cannot initiate combat and and turn

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:17 am
by Barthheart
Just to be sure and I haven't looked at your file, but do the first tanks you tried to move have a small target with a check mark under them? If so this means they have fought for that turn and can't fight again.

RE: Cannot initiate combat and and turn

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:06 am
by Grifman
ORIGINAL: Barthheart

Just to be sure and I haven't looked at your file, but do the first tanks you tried to move have a small target with a check mark under them? If so this means they have fought for that turn and can't fight again.

I think they do, I'll go back and look. But if they can't fight why does the game let me move them into a combat situation? Seems like it should not let me move them - another "illegal" move situation - if they can't fight.

RE: Cannot initiate combat and and turn

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:51 am
by 5cats
Thank you Grifman, for showing noobie me how to attach a turn!!!
My brain resembles swiss cheese!
Hummmm, must test the moving tanks after combat into enemy zone...