Page 1 of 5
New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:26 pm
by mavraamides
Looking to start a new 2x2 game.
I'll play any side.
Prefer:
Advanced supply ON
Auto supply ON
Fog of War ON
Auto Victory ON
End Date ON
Email:
ilona@mn.rr.com
But I am negotiable if people want some rule changes.
Would prefer people who will play in a reasonable time frame.
Please post preferences on rules and countries as well as email address.
First come/first served.
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:33 pm
by Barthheart
I'm up for a game.
Side: don't care - not China alone [:'(]
Rule: Advanced supply, auto vic. on, end date on, auto/area supply off, Fog on
vances AT rogers dot com
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:34 pm
by mavraamides
Great! That's 2 down 2 to go.
So far all sides still open...
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:41 pm
by CharonJr
I would be interested as well, but would have to warn you that this would be my first/second (just getting into another 2vs2 game here) PBEM game and about my 5th overall game of WaW.
So if you do not have any problems playing with a WaW-noob (but 20+ years wargaming vet) I would be interested in joining as well.
2 games at the same time should be ok to handle.
Barthheart's options sound good to me.
With me seeming to get the WA in the other game and having just played Germany and WA before I would prefer Germany
CharonJr
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:45 pm
by mavraamides
OK, we have...
CharonJr - Germany
GordianKnot - Undecided
Barthheart - Undecided
CharonJr:
Since you are Germany, you can go ahead and start the game if you want.
Make sure Russia and China are same player. If no one comes along to
take Japan by the end of the day, I will so we can get the ball rolling.
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:47 pm
by Barthheart
I'll take whatever's left.
I would suggest that you post in this thread when you send a game on so everyone can track the games progress.
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:06 pm
by Forwarn45
I would take Russia/China if there is still a slot available. This would be my first PBEM (5th game).
Email is
Forwarn45@aol.com
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:21 pm
by mavraamides
OK, we are set:
Germany - CharonJr (email???)
Japan - GordianKnot (
ilona@mn.rr.com)
Russia/China - Forwarn45 (
Forwarn45@aol.com)
Western Allies - Barthheart (vances AT rogers dot com)
CharonJr - go ahead and start and then email to me. Everyone
post a note here to let others know you have moved.
Good luck to all!
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:30 pm
by CharonJr
Sounds good, just printing the manual in order to see how to start a PBEM game [;)], but I think I will be able to post the first turn in about 2 hours.
EMail is
CharonJr@highspeed3.de
CharonJr
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:46 pm
by CharonJr
Completed the first turn, sending the turn now...
CharonJr
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:18 am
by CharonJr
"Gernerally speaking though I try to drive the Germans nuts with small raids on his resources and factories. Not just bombing, but actuall small landings on areas he has not defended well. make him pay for every little mistake. It a good trade off for the Wallies. Even if you lose one or two units in his counter attack, he'll need to pay 5 supplies for each infrastructure that you have destroyed. Plus you have diverted forces that are badly needed for the invasion of Russia. I tend to dis agree with everyone who says don't defend Cairo. I usually go whole hog and get as much there as I can. The Germans will either give up or build up as well, again delaying the attack on Russia. Plus this protect the soft Russian under belly and keeps resources away from the Axis. Your job, until the US is in the war is to annoy/stall/distract the Germans from their main task of invading Russia. Every season that they delay in attacking Russia seriously hampers their ability to get an auto victory. The Germans are on a very tight schedule (I know I say that alot but it's true) and any delay is deadly and can cause mistakes later as they rush to try to catch up.
Just ask Mike what "death of a thousand pin picks" feels like.... "
- Barthheart (beta test team)
Well, sounds like I will see my own strategy used against me - interesting...[&:]
The "beta test team" thing got me a bit worried, too [;)]
CharonJr
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:19 pm
by celebrindal
ORIGINAL: GordianKnot
Looking to start a new 2x2 game.
I'll play any side.
Prefer:
Advanced supply ON
Auto supply ON
Fog of War ON
Auto Victory ON
End Date ON
Email:
ilona@mn.rr.com
But I am negotiable if people want some rule changes.
Would prefer people who will play in a reasonable time frame.
Please post preferences on rules and countries as well as email address.
First come/first served.
Hopefully things go better for you this time... surprised you didn't drop me an email asking for a new one though
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:54 pm
by Barthheart
ORIGINAL: CharonJr
...
The "beta test team" thing got me a bit worried, too [;)]
CharonJr
Bah! The only way to get better at anything is to get stomped by someone better than you[8D]. Having said that, I'm in no way as good as the title suggests[:'(]. I really like playing other people to improve my own play. Even playing inexperienced players will show you things you never thought of[&o]. The key is to always be open to possiblities. I've actually only played the Wallies two or three times and only once in PBEM. This should be a very interesting game.[8D]
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:32 pm
by CharonJr
I sense an omission of my "too"
The little strategy discussion has me more worried actually
But you are right, usually there is more to learn by losing than by winning.
CharonJr
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:41 pm
by Maginot
ORIGINAL: CharonJr
I tend to dis agree with everyone who says don't defend Cairo. I usually go whole hog and get as much there as I can. The Germans will either give up or build up as well, again delaying the attack on Russia. Plus this protect the soft Russian under belly and keeps resources away from the Axis. Your job, until the US is in the war is to annoy/stall/distract the Germans from their main task of invading Russia. Every season that they delay in attacking Russia seriously hampers their ability to get an auto victory. The Germans are on a very tight schedule (I know I say that alot but it's true) and any delay is deadly and can cause mistakes later as they rush to try to catch up.
The reason Iraq is such a good place for the 'last stand' is the advantage offered to you by the terrain.
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:25 pm
by mavraamides
Hey everyone, we're having some problems getting this game going.CharonJr has tried twice to email it to me
and I never got it, it seems some emails are banned from his ISP.
He tried sending it to me in a PM but when I click on the link I get a file not found error so I can't download it.
Any ideas anyone?
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:41 pm
by CharonJr
Try this link: deleted, since it seems to be broken
CharonJr
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:46 pm
by mavraamides
Well the good news is it did download.
The bad news is it was like 12 or 13 meg which is way too big
and it gave me an error when I tried to load it.
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:47 pm
by CharonJr
Hmm, 223kb on my side.
CharonJr
PS: Just downloaded it myself, 223kb still, could it be anything on your side ?
Hmm, checked again, am at 12,7 MB now, strange...
http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/GER_Sp40.zip
RE: New 2 X 2 game
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:53 pm
by mavraamides
Yeah, its weird.
When I first download it it says 12.7 meg and takes about 1/2 a second.
Then, after I delete it, when I go to download it again, it says 223 k which makes sense.
But I can't find the file.
Go to download it again and it says 12.7 meg again.
Lather. rinse. repeat.