Ut Oh! Airstrike Funny Business again
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 4:43 pm
Ok Matrix guys,
The airforce is at it again. The "Last Teutonic Knight" playing the Russians. I see the 1st two of the Tigers rolling eastbound on the northern most road. Great target for my Sturms!! I send all 4 Sturms, East-to-West, targeted on the #1 & #2 Tigers. Guessing that #3 & #4 are right behind, I target those hexes too. 4 straight in a row, east to west targets. The orders, via the little tagerting map, are "fly east to west".
What happens? The Sturms approach from the southeast and fly northwest, targeting a location 10 hexes to the rear of the tigers!!! They don't shoot at the tigers and get whacked by the AAA. I reloaded the save game 6 times and got 6 versions of this. The Sturms refused to go after the tigers. When I played the German side of this scenario earlier, the AI sturms were on my tigers like flies.
Any idea what's going on?
Tommy
The airforce is at it again. The "Last Teutonic Knight" playing the Russians. I see the 1st two of the Tigers rolling eastbound on the northern most road. Great target for my Sturms!! I send all 4 Sturms, East-to-West, targeted on the #1 & #2 Tigers. Guessing that #3 & #4 are right behind, I target those hexes too. 4 straight in a row, east to west targets. The orders, via the little tagerting map, are "fly east to west".
What happens? The Sturms approach from the southeast and fly northwest, targeting a location 10 hexes to the rear of the tigers!!! They don't shoot at the tigers and get whacked by the AAA. I reloaded the save game 6 times and got 6 versions of this. The Sturms refused to go after the tigers. When I played the German side of this scenario earlier, the AI sturms were on my tigers like flies.
Any idea what's going on?
Tommy