Page 1 of 1

Where in the world is this?

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:38 pm
by Cap Mandrake
Name these Islands (Pacific Theatre, WWII)

Image

RE: Where in the world is this?

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:41 pm
by tsimmonds
Tonombogo & Gavutu, just off Florida Island, near Tulagi.

RE: Where in the world is this?

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:42 pm
by grossmetzger
my guess: tulagi...

RE: Where in the world is this?

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:40 pm
by Iridium
ORIGINAL: irrelevant

Tonombogo & Gavutu, just off Florida Island, near Tulagi.

irrelevant's seen this photo before...[:'(]

RE: Where in the world is this?

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:07 pm
by String
ORIGINAL: Iridium

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

Tonombogo & Gavutu, just off Florida Island, near Tulagi.

irrelevant's seen this photo before...[:'(]

Or he might have played the Watchtower megacampaign in SPW@W. There is a scenario about those two islands there and you can't mistake them for anything else really.

RE: Where in the world is this?

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:39 pm
by Bill Durrant
I recognised it from a mini ASL campaign included in one of their Annuals - trouble was one slip of a dice or finger and counters went everywhere[:@]

RE: Where in the world is this?

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:55 pm
by Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: irrelevant

Tonombogo & Gavutu, just off Florida Island, near Tulagi.


I was hoping you could idnetify the building contractor.

Couldn't you at least pretend it was hard [:'(]


Tonombogo & Gavutu is correct!

RE: Where in the world is this?

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:50 pm
by tsimmonds
Funny, the picture doesn't seem familiar; I must've seen a map of the place. Wasn't a wargame though. My problem is I can't remember what I remember any more. Half the stuff I think I remember, I made up. [;)]