Page 1 of 2
New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:36 pm
by Badbonez
If there are any more interested players for a 2x2 game, let's start one here. I'll take whichever side gets left over. I'm not exactly new, but neither am I vet - just FYI. My email is
badbonez@charter.net
I will add that I prefer FOW on, Advanced supply and Auto Supply (but not area supply). But whatever the majority likes.
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:58 pm
by bud
i would like to try one -- have played the jap a few times --- plz advise
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:59 pm
by Wayllander
I''m interested. (preference is to play Russia - this would be my first pbem)
gkaytor at hotmail dot com
thanks,
--way
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:18 pm
by EZPkins
Ill play a side doesnt matter.
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:26 am
by Badbonez
OK! Great! Bud, you've played the Japanese a few times, does that mean you're bored and want to try something else? Or you'd like to take them in this game?
I have a couple games unnder my belt, Wayllander is new. Would a more experienced player take Wallies to help Wayllander? If no interest, I will.
TEAMS:
Wayllander: Russia (gkaytor at hotmail dot com)
Bud: Japanese (
oldcrow45@aol.com)
Badbonez: WAllies (
badbonez@charter.net)
EZPkins: Germany(?)
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:52 am
by korbelz
I'll grab allies, i have 6 PBEM(0-6 [:(] ) under my belt, but i've lost every single game so i guess i'm still a n00B [:(] i really suck at this game, but learning a lot every single game a play. really sucks for the AI in the games i play..after playing vs real people the AI is gets killed in hordes. but on a side note...once in a while a human will make "bone-headed" move that just beg to be destoryed...like one game the whole japan fleet was unguarded(5 CVs and 2 BB) i rolled every single sub i had in the whole PAC on that sector...sunk everything but 1 CV. totally amazing i like geeez on myself after that...shame he won to auto-victory(so gay)
korbelz@comcast.net
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:51 pm
by Wayllander
Looking forward to playing against people instead of the AI. (I'm still learning quite a bit just playing the AI

)
--way
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:54 pm
by bud
will play japs -- thz
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:21 pm
by Badbonez
Hey Korbelz, would you like to play China? Because we already had 4 responses before your reply, but there's always room for China. [;)] Otherwise, maybe you could start another thread, I'll join in!
EZPkins, if you will play Axis, go ahead and start the game. Send your turn to Bud. Hey Bud, we need your email address!
Bud will then send the turn to Wayllander: gkaytor at hotmail dot com
Wayllander sends it to
badbonez@charter.net.
Let's go!
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:25 pm
by Wayllander
Does the Russian player or the WA player usually play China? I'm totally ok with a 5th player taking China but I would think it would be pretty boring - they get like 3pp every other turn right?
--way
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:11 pm
by bud
sorry-- ok am the japs then -- email---
oldcrow45@aol.com
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:14 pm
by Badbonez
ORIGINAL: Wayllander
Does the Russian player or the WA player usually play China? I'm totally ok with a 5th player taking China but I would think it would be pretty boring - they get like 3pp every other turn right?
--way
Usually the Russian player, so that would be you. Mainly because you don't have much to do until you're attacked. I only offered this to Korbelz because he posted he wanted to play but we already have 4 players and I don't think he realized that. But hey, if he wants to play China, why not? [:)]
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:17 pm
by Badbonez
ORIGINAL: EZPkins
Ill play a side doesnt matter.
Could you start the game as Germany and send your turn to Bud? Also, please post your email addy. Thanks!
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:27 pm
by bud
badbones-- wayllander`s email is gkaytor at hotmail dot com ?? is that right-- looks odd --bud
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:37 pm
by Badbonez
ORIGINAL: bud
badbones-- wayllander`s email is gkaytor at hotmail dot com ?? is that right-- looks odd --bud
Well, he spelled it out so as not to attract scripts that crawl through forums and collect emails (even though this hasn't happened to me). Since he posted it that way, I just did as well to respect his privacy. It's a normal address, with his name gkaytor followed by @hotmail.com. Oh heck, I'll just email you the correct syntax.
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:52 pm
by Wayllander
Indeed. I get enough spam
--way
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:36 pm
by Badbonez
Is this game started? Bud? Did you get a turn?
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:05 pm
by Wayllander
I recieved the turn earlier today. Will take my turn this evening when I get home from work and then pass it on to you bad...
--way
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:46 pm
by Badbonez
ORIGINAL: Wayllander
I recieved the turn earlier today. Will take my turn this evening when I get home from work and then pass it on to you bad...
--way
Great!
RE: New 2x2 player game - all welcome
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:49 pm
by bud
sorry for the delay -- my turn was sent -- bud