Page 1 of 1
More "Game Crashes"
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:06 am
by Canuck12ca
I'm having the same problem with the game crashing before completing one turn, similar to many other previous posts. I've been reading the forum for a while and tried the suggestions so far. I've made sure that I have the latest sound and video drivers. I'm running in windowed, low detail mode with non-player animation turned off. Still have the same problem. Any more ideas?
RE: More "Game Crashes"
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:12 am
by Marc von Martial
Hi, the "C-Media Wave Device" appears to be an on-board sound chip device. Please turn it off in the BIOS (your motherboard manual will tell you how) running a sound card and an on-board sound chip at the same time is known for causing errors.
RE: More "Game Crashes"
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:47 pm
by Canuck12ca
I disabled the onboard sound. Same problem. I've noticed that the game crashes with the music looping. I removed the music files from the sound folder. No music, which is fine, but the game still halts with sound looping so, I put the music files back. Instead of ending the program with task manager, I waited and I get the "Windows has encountered a problem" pop up box. I've attached the file that this error generates in case that might help.
RE: More "Game Crashes"
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:49 pm
by Canuck12ca
Also, here's the new dxdiag file (ie: with the c-media device disabled)
RE: More "Game Crashes"
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:22 pm
by Tac2i
I'm no technical expert by any means but a review of the file you attached seems to indicate some sort of conflict with a product on your PC named "AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 Professional Edition" and/or "Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher." These may be programs/drivers for the built in audio hardware.
ORIGINAL: Canuck12ca
Also, here's the new dxdiag file (ie: with the c-media device disabled)
RE: More "Game Crashes"
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:25 pm
by Joel Billings
I'm pretty sure that Matrix has previously identified Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher as software that does in fact cause problems with GGWaW.
RE: More "Game Crashes"
Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:06 pm
by Canuck12ca
I've uninstalled a codec pack that included the Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher and have made it through about 5 turns. So far so good. Thanks everyone!