Page 1 of 1

Canadian Navy

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:47 pm
by Lawyerboy
Does anyone have a fairly reliable of OB of Canadian Navy on Pacific Coast on 7 Dec [including auxiliary vessels such as HDMLs]?[:(]

RE: Canadian Navy

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:08 pm
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: Lawyerboy

Does anyone have a fairly reliable of OB of Canadian Navy on Pacific Coast on 7 Dec [including auxiliary vessels such as HDMLs]?[:(]

It's in the CHS mod scenario. Full RCN OOB.

RE: Canadian Navy

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:12 pm
by Speedysteve
You had a navy? [X(][:'(]

RE: Canadian Navy

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:59 pm
by Sharkosaurus rex
At the end of WWII the Canadian navy was the third largest in the world!

RE: Canadian Navy

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:17 am
by Monter_Trismegistos
Bigger than russian? Canada had more than let's say 1 operational BB, 6 modern cruisers and 28 modern large destroyers? Not mentioning about large fleet of submarines and smaller vessels? Baltic fleet was a ruin but Black Sea, Northern and Far Eastern Fleets were at quite good shape...

RE: Canadian Navy

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:36 am
by spence
With regards the Russian Navy in WWII, I'm only being a little facetious when I say I think he means a fleet that has taken the red buoys on the right side (red buoys on the right side when RETURNING FROM SEA)

RE: Canadian Navy

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:12 pm
by Yamato hugger
Have to remember, in Canada a canoe is a "ship", so in pure numbers of "ships" ..... [:'(]

RE: Canadian Navy

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:04 pm
by Speedysteve
LOL

RE: Canadian Navy

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:07 pm
by Monter_Trismegistos
ORIGINAL: spence

With regards the Russian Navy in WWII, I'm only being a little facetious when I say I think he means a fleet that has taken the red buoys on the right side (red buoys on the right side when RETURNING FROM SEA)

Sorry don't understand what are you talking to me :)
Do you mean that Northern, Black and Far Eastern fleets were inoperable?

RE: Canadian Navy

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:41 pm
by Tom Hunter
The Canadian Navy during WWII was dedicated to ASW and numerically it really was the third largest in the world. My Conway's is in storage but the Canadian had far more ships than the Russians.

Of course the missions and capabilities of the two forces were completely different, and if you looked at tonnage as opposed to combat vessels I am not sure which would be larger.

I think its safe to say that after WWI the Commonwealth countries were looking for ways to help the British win the war without allowing British generals to bleed them to death in the trenches. (the fact that there were no trenches does not mean that the poloticians were not preparing to fight the last war.) Building up a navy was a good way to do this, lots of effort and expense but relatively few casualties.