Page 1 of 1

No retreat - No Surrender?

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:05 pm
by dembe73
When I attacked the Americans in Borneo (2 strong infantery in rough terrain) with my 4 puny Japanese infantery, an artillery and I think one or 2 airplanes i didnt expect to score any hits.

As four of my infantery survived and were not damaged I would expect the Americans to try to retreat. In this case that would mean they would have been driven into the sea and get destroyed in the process. However the Japanese retreated instead.

Is there a rule I am missing here or is this a bug?


RE: No retreat - No Surrender?

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:14 pm
by Uncle_Joe
I believe you need 3:1 to push someone out of Rough Terrain. Its also 3:1 for a Fortress and combines to 4:1 for both.

RE: No retreat - No Surrender?

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:29 pm
by dembe73
OK thanks Uncle_Joe

Im not sure if this is in the documentation, but if it is not it may be good to put in in the next readme file.

RE: No retreat - No Surrender?

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:42 pm
by Uncle_Joe
Check out the thread titled 'Official Rules Clarifications' in the General forum for more info.