Page 1 of 1
Soviet Light fleet disappeared
Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:09 am
by Drax Kramer
I started the 1943 scenario as Soviets. I sent my Baltic Fleet to the Gulf of Finland. I sunk a German convoy and had my destroyer damaged. After the battle, German destroyers and my submarine remained in the Gulf.
When I advanced to the production phase to check how long the repairs will take, I found no destroyer, like it somehow failed to reach the safety of the port in Leningrad.
What has happened?
Drax
RE: Soviet Light fleet disappeared
Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:29 pm
by Joel Billings
I can't say from the info you have given. Sounds like it should have returned to Leningrad factory. Do you have a save before this happened?
RE: Soviet Light fleet disappeared
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:58 am
by von_Schmidt
Same situation here: SOV 43 scen, against AI, sallied forth with LF, sub and HF from Leningrad.
LF and HF got damaged - did not show up in the production queue.
No savegame - sorry (wiped them all after the game to save space).
Could it be that since a German fleet survived (with my sub in the ame space) and there is no friendly sea zone (only the port) to retreat into, the game concluded there was no line to the factory?
RE: Soviet Light fleet disappeared
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:45 am
by Drax Kramer
Could it be that since a German fleet survived (with my sub in the ame space) and there is no friendly sea zone (only the port) to retreat into, the game concluded there was no line to the factory?
I've sent several save files to 2by3. My original issue was same as yours. Soviets lost the battle, undamaged battleship returned to Leningrad, damaged destroyer vanished, undamaged submarine remained alongside two German destroyers in the Gulf of Finland.
When I tried to recreate the event, Soviets won the battle and their damaged destroyer safely limped back to Leningrad.
Drax