Page 1 of 1
Counter in PBEM
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:15 pm
by Big Lou
Something funny is going on with the game counter for PBEM. Currently I am playing a PBEM game as the WA. I typically save the game between each countries turn. I was under the impression that this would not increase the counter # that checks for how many times the game has been reloaded. But my opponent has twice reported that I had increased the # in our game. Is saving between each countries turn the problem? I have not had any other crashes or reloads in this game.
RE: Counter in PBEM
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:27 pm
by Big Lou
I just noticed something interesting that may contribute to my problem. When I select a PBEM game to load it asks for the password. I had assumed that if I do not enter the password (sometimes I accidently select the wrong game to load) the game would not load and the counter would not be increased. But it appears that even loading the game to the point of it asking for the password will increase the counter, whether or not you actually enter the password and begin play. Is this working as intended?
RE: Counter in PBEM
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:26 pm
by CharonJr
Ah, that might be the reason for a raised counter I have encountered, too, but have not been able to replicate, a mistyped password...
CharonJr