Page 1 of 1
Strange and Bizarr!
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:39 pm
by Bobthehatchit
Heres the situation..
Playing against the AI in the full campaign, up to April 42 pulled back to India, hold Java and Timor, nailed two light carrier with Dutch and RAF bombers (Go me!) things are going ok. Enemy air attacks are dying of so i think i'll load up the Jap side to make sure replacements are not off for their airgroups and turn Shinano off.
I think what damage can the now Allied ai do for one turn whilst i load it up?
How wrong was I, have bits of serval base forse 51st and 31st and 802 and 810 Eab spread over the whole dam pacific! They are everywhere 20 here 100 there its gona take for ever to fix! They range for the north pac, to the north of New guineaand all down the coast of Aux![X(] Most of them on bases with no suppy which have now magically change command as well!
And of course i saved it.......

RE: Strange and Bizarr!
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:52 pm
by DJAndrews
Until you mentioned it, I'd never given it much thought, but I've noticed that playing Scenario 15 against an Allied AI every ioslated base I take (that is American) is defended by an EAB unit, usually with zero assault strength. Similar Brit bases are empty and fall uncontested.
I'd always assumed that it was supposed to be like that, to represent listening posts, way stations and such. If its a mistake though, then it needs to be fixed because the AI has lost a lot of unescorted AKs and TKs, sending supplies to these isolated bases.
RE: Strange and Bizarr!
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:01 pm
by Bobthehatchit
ORIGINAL: DJAndrews
Until you mentioned it, I'd never given it much thought, but I've noticed that playing Scenario 15 against an Allied AI every ioslated base I take (that is American) is defended by an EAB unit, usually with zero assault strength. Similar Brit bases are empty and fall uncontested.
I'd always assumed that it was supposed to be like that, to represent listening posts, way stations and such. If its a mistake though, then it needs to be fixed because the AI has lost a lot of unescorted AKs and TKs, sending supplies to these isolated bases.
True enough.
What i want to know is how in hell they got there! Most of these base are not with in Air range of any transport aircraft or PBY birds? What did they use? Minature star gate?? Jump gates?? Highper drives fitted to Daks?
RE: Strange and Bizarr!
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:12 pm
by Bradley7735
Bob, when playing the AI and you want to make tweaks for it, load up the game as head to head. It'll screw up your side if you let it.
Also, I probably wouldn't bother halting Shinano. The AI will probably start it up again on the following turn. Also, I bet it's just running out of planes. When I play the AI, I mod the scenario to give the AI more HI, plane factories, engine factories, etc. I find it'll run out of engines and/or planes in about 5 or 6 months if you don't.
RE: Strange and Bizarr!
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:32 pm
by Bobthehatchit
ORIGINAL: Bradley7735
Bob, when playing the AI and you want to make tweaks for it, load up the game as head to head. It'll screw up your side if you let it.
Also, I probably wouldn't bother halting Shinano. The AI will probably start it up again on the following turn. Also, I bet it's just running out of planes. When I play the AI, I mod the scenario to give the AI more HI, plane factories, engine factories, etc. I find it'll run out of engines and/or planes in about 5 or 6 months if you don't.
Doh! forgot about head to head.
Thanks to late now anyway! Got some cleaning up to do.