Page 1 of 1

Imperial Glory

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:04 pm
by DamoclesX
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/imp ... rial+Glory+

Does anybody know anything about this game firsthand?

I loved rome total war and medevil total war, they are basically the only "wargames" where I can totaly rule in, other then "semi-strategy" games like act of war.


I love the whole 3d battlefield and tactics you can use. horsemen.. oh man I loved them

RE: Imperial Glory

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:08 pm
by IronDuke_slith
I downloaded the demo and was disappointed. Small scale battles, lowish sprite numbers per unit but high killing rates. This means it looks and feels like an RTS to me, except cloaked in a strategy guise.

It looked nice, but I think I'll be giving it a miss.

Regards,
IronDuke


RE: Imperial Glory

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:12 pm
by DamoclesX
aww:(

I was thinking it would hae been bumped to polygon units like rome total war:(

Thats to bad...

oh well thanks!

RE: Imperial Glory

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:42 pm
by Fred98
Suggest you try the demo

For me it is a first game in this style. The demo is fun!

RE: Imperial Glory

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:45 pm
by Lucifuge
Seeing the gameplay videos the game look incredible then demo was released and really left me with a feeling of 'wtf'. It looked nothing like the gameplay videos, I mean not even the same game. Gameplay was really disappointing with demo too imo.

RE: Imperial Glory

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:06 am
by Rooster
Played the demo to death. It's fun, but there is no moral system, the rifleman can't form a skirmish line, and the units wheel on their own to shoot perpendicular to an enemy unit. So an enemy horse passing by can get your entire line out of whack as the unit wheel's about to get a shot.

RE: Imperial Glory

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:13 am
by TheHellPatrol
I'll have mine tommorrow...i'll post my comments. I enjoyed RTW somewhat although it was too simplistic/easy for my tastes and i "still" have a problem playing a game where my Avatar is wearing a "skirt"[;)]. I have read many a book about Prussia, due to my fascination with WW2 and the Axis powers, and the grand strategy/scope of this game is just too compelling to pass up. Fortifying in buildings and Naval battles confirmed my decision...it could be a real winner. It's ironic that my interest in this period re-piqued with the announcement of EiA, Crown of Glory and Battles of Napoleon which are going to be brought to us by Matrix. I know that i should have a full belly of this era by Summers end, some my beloved turn-based, and a little eye-candy rts a la Imperial Glory for dessert.
For some time my Wife has been nagging me to "expand my horizons" , even going so far as to get me my Alienware gaming rig for our an important anniversary of ours...it would be a crime not to put it to good use[:D].