Page 1 of 1

Sign up here

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:59 am
by Dragol
Looking for two more to round out four person game.

Germany: jdobbins
Japan: Open
Russia/China: Open
WA: Dragol

Fog of War: ON
Advanced Supply: ON
Auto: OFF
Area: OFF
Fuel: ON

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:01 am
by tabF94
I'd love to play Russia/China. My email is tomabone13@yahoo.com.

-Tom

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:28 am
by Dragol
Germany: jdobbins@starpower.net
Japan: OPEN
Russia/China: tomabone13@yahoo.com
WA: cookiecrumbs@sbcglobal.net

Any Japanese players out there?
Please only post if you are comitted to playing through to the end and are available to make about 1 turn per day.

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:52 am
by Svend Karlson
I can play Japan [:)]

benrichardson@btopenworld.com

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:06 pm
by dobbins
Looks like we have all four. This is my first email game, so I may need some coaching on the mechanics of getting started. Jim

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:03 pm
by Dragol
1) Check the PBEM box.
2) Set all players to human for both phases.
3) Set Germany to player 1, Japan to player 2, Russia and China to player 3 and WA to player 4.
4) Go onto game options and check Fog of War for all players.
5) Check Advanced Supply for all players.
6) Uncheck Auto and Area supply for everyone.
7) Check the fuel option.
8) Start the game and type in a password.
9) Make your turn.
10) Save game and email it to benrichardson@btopenworld.com
11) Post here when finished.

Good luck to everyone!

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:59 am
by dobbins
Thanks for the advice. I will send off my opening move this evening. Jim

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:47 pm
by dobbins
Just sent off my opening move. Jim

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:58 am
by Dragol
Haven't seen a move yet. Is this game progressing?

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:43 pm
by tabF94
I haven't seen the first turn yet from Japan.... As soon as I get it I'll be sure to post.

-Tom

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:51 pm
by Svend Karlson
I've been away guys, but just loaded up the save to find that the Germans had not done anything at all the first turn & that auto-supply was turned on for everyone.

I've sent an email to Jim asking that he restart the game with auto-supply off.

Cheers [:)]

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:38 am
by dobbins
My mistake, my first turn did not save properly, I have replaid and sent it on a couple of hours ago. Jim

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:55 pm
by dobbins
Gentlemen,

I consultation with my Japanese Ally, I have concluded that surrender is my only realistic option. The Allies have driven Italy out of the war, and siezed an unshakable lodgment on the continent. As a result, I would be unable to withstand a Soviet attack, let alone US entry.

Sorry to have to pull the plug at such an early stage. I obviously need more practice. Thanks for the lesson. Next time I may try starting with Russia, which will give me a little more time and strategic depth.

Jim

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:27 pm
by Svend Karlson
Hi guys,

The Italian gambit was executed very well indeed.

It's important to note that I recommended this forfeit to dobbins, who was willing to play on (in fact he sent me a save file).

I provided my appraisal, which was that with no chance of repelling the Allied invasion within 2 seasons, & no chance of ever doing it without heavy losses, the result of the game is determined as a Russian invasion would never be possible.

I've further advised that seeking a tutorial PBEM with Fog off would probably be a wise move before taking on a competitive game. This game could have continued as a tutorial game albeit one where the main lesson has already been learned.

Best regards

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:32 am
by tabF94
Wow....can I see the last turn so I can see the move?

Also, since the game lasted only one turn, does anyone want to just start a new game and go from there?

-Tom

RE: Sign up here

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:04 am
by Dragol
I'd be up for a new game.