Page 1 of 1
DoW Supply cost bug
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:47 pm
by pyrhic
1x1 pbem, enhanced fuel cost, advanced supply, no auto, no area. Currently in W42. USA is still frozen, russia has recently been attacked.
Russia declares war on and attacks persia. I expect 5 or 10 supply point cost(can't remember which, but nevermind, i have lots. Then check moscow - no supply. Hmmm. Check stalingrad - no supply. Huh?! Reload and confirm that DoW cost russia 75 supply points! Not sure if this is all allied dow, or just something with the soviets/persia or something else...
and yes, i purposely masked allied production [;)], we are still playing after all...
RE: DoW Supply cost bug
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:59 pm
by pyrhic
also confirmed 75 supply point cost for WA to attack a neutral. Is this right?!
RE: DoW Supply cost bug
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:59 pm
by vlale
A file with this issue being reproduceble has been send to Maurice for evaluation.
Funny thing tho while I been able to reproduce it some games, in other games this just doesnt happen, go figur.
Kind regards,
Rasmus
RE: DoW Supply cost bug
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:00 am
by aletoledo
I'm the axis opponent in this game.
subsequant to this attack by russia against a neutral, it also unfroze the USA before 1943! no attack was made against the US by the axis obviously.
I suppose the the two issues are related because they both happened on the same turn. I have the save file after the event and you can see in frame 212 the declaration of war, yet frame 212 is during the russian turn!
RE: DoW Supply cost bug
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:05 am
by aletoledo
one more thing to add, I'm not sure if pyrhic had redone his turn after this supply glitch, but in my save northern persia is still neutral!
RE: DoW Supply cost bug
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:46 am
by aletoledo
my bad, pyrrhic point out a rule I wasn't aware of. I invaded a inland china province and japan was at war with russia. I wasn't aware of this rule.
it is still odd though that the message of unfreezing the WA isn't announced till the next WA turn.
RE: DoW Supply cost bug
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:18 pm
by pyrhic
bump.
is this a bug?
RE: DoW Supply cost bug
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:32 pm
by Joel Billings
It's not supposed to take 75 Soviet supply points to attack Persia. That sounds like a bug. I have not heard from Maurice. I'll email him and see if he's checked out the save. We'll definitely need a save to find this problem, especially if it doesn't always happen.
RE: DoW Supply cost bug
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:51 pm
by vlale
If the file is lost or some thing, let me know i still have it.
Kind regards,
Rasmus