Page 1 of 1
Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:05 am
by Viking67
I am transporting oil from several bases to Palau, then from Palau to Japan. Now I have stock piles of oil in Palau, but for some reason my tankers refuse to load it to haul back to Japan. Anyone else experience this or know why this is?
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:19 am
by tsimmonds
Palau is NFG as a waypoint for shipping oil/resources. In order to load oil/resource from a base, there has to be an oil/resource production center at that base. I'm afraid the locals have made a bonfire of your spoils of war.[:(]
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:24 am
by Blackwatch_it
ORIGINAL: irrelevant
Palau is NFG as a waypoint for shipping oil/resources. In order to load oil/resource from a base, there has to be an oil/resource production center at that base. I'm afraid the locals have made a bonfire of your spoils of war.[:(]
Not really true: I'm stoking oil and resources in a not producing base and I don't have any problem loading them.
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:28 am
by michaelm75au
See this post which relates to oil/resource loadability.
fb.asp?m=836417&key=Oil
Michael
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:35 am
by castor troy
Now if that´s true what´s stated in this thread I must wonder why I´m able to stockpile all my oil and resources at Manila and take it from there with no problem with big convoys and good ASW escort to Japan. IIRC there´s no oil or resources at Manila??!! And I was doing that since 1.21! It´s not frozen in that place nor do I lose any of my unloaded oil.
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:47 am
by michaelm75au
Hi
That discussion thread was mainly about Oil.
But it may be as simple as that you need a Oil/Resource/Manpower generator at the base.
[Manilla has a Manpower x1, while Palau has none.]
Michael
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:17 pm
by Bradley7735
Hi guys,
Don figured this out, but I haven't tested to make sure he's correct. From his experiments, what you need at a base in order to load oil is some resources. Not a resource generator (ie, factory), but just some plain resources that you'd load in a ship. So, if you've stockpiled a ton of oil at Palau, just unload 1 or more resources and you should be able to load up the oil.
Anyway, that's how Don has explained it. I only play as allies, so I don't tend to load oil from bases other than US west coast.
bc
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:04 pm
by castor troy
I also don´t have problems loading oil from Manila if there aren´t resources present. What would that be? A bug? It must be a bug if there must be resources present to load oil! [X(]
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:27 pm
by Bradley7735
Are you sure there are no resources located at Manila. There are like 5 locations on Luzon that produce resources. I would think that at least some would get transported to Manila every day.
I'm not talking about resource producing factories. Just the by-product called "resources" that you actually load up on AK's.
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:29 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Bradley7735
Are you sure there are no resources located at Manila. There are like 5 locations on Luzon that produce resources. I would think that at least some would get transported to Manila every day.
I'm not talking about resource producing factories. Just the by-product called "resources" that you actually load up on AK's.
Don't think resources get moved unless they are either (a) inland (no port); or (b) there is HI to move them to. Don't think either one pertains to Manilla.
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:34 pm
by Bradley7735
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Bradley7735
Are you sure there are no resources located at Manila. There are like 5 locations on Luzon that produce resources. I would think that at least some would get transported to Manila every day.
I'm not talking about resource producing factories. Just the by-product called "resources" that you actually load up on AK's.
Don't think resources get moved unless they are either (a) inland (no port); or (b) there is HI to move them to. Don't think either one pertains to Manilla.
Doesn't Clark field produce resources? It has no port. So, I'd guess that resources from Clark might get moved to Manila each turn?
Maybe this theory is wrong. I just find it hard to imagine that Don could be wrong. He did some serious testing to come up with the theory. Maybe I'm not understanding his theory correctly.
maybe the real rule is that If there are no factories of any kind, you need 1 resource at a location to load oil.
If the person with the Palau issue would unload 1 resource, he should be able to load oil. I'm not sure about Manila and other locations. Since they have factories, the 1 resource rule may be void.
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:39 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Bradley7735
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Bradley7735
Are you sure there are no resources located at Manila. There are like 5 locations on Luzon that produce resources. I would think that at least some would get transported to Manila every day.
I'm not talking about resource producing factories. Just the by-product called "resources" that you actually load up on AK's.
Don't think resources get moved unless they are either (a) inland (no port); or (b) there is HI to move them to. Don't think either one pertains to Manilla.
Doesn't Clark field produce resources? It has no port. So, I'd guess that resources from Clark might get moved to Manila each turn?
Maybe this theory is wrong. I just find it hard to imagine that Don could be wrong. He did some serious testing to come up with the theory. Maybe I'm not understanding his theory correctly.
maybe the real rule is that If there are no factories of any kind, you need 1 resource at a location to load oil.
If the person with the Palau issue would unload 1 resource, he should be able to load oil. I'm not sure about Manila and other locations. Since they have factories, the 1 resource rule may be void.
I had forgotten about Clark field. [8|][:(]
It would be logical that any resources should go to Manilla, however - it could end up in some other spot. Also, of course, no resources are produced if there is an enemy unit in the hex. Don't know if this might apply...
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:10 pm
by Viking67
Thanks Bradley, I give it a try and put some resources in Palau.
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:42 pm
by Bradley7735
It would be logical that any resources should go to Manilla, however - it could end up in some other spot. Also, of course, no resources are produced if there is an enemy unit in the hex. Don't know if this might apply...
I think Mr. Frag said that manpower locations use resources as well. So, Manila would be sucking resources to it's location for the manpower.
I always thought that manpower went into a pool and was used that way. But, I think that Mr. Frag is correct in that the location is similar to HI and needs resources at it's location to produce manpower.
So, it's possible that Don's theory is still correct. Can anyone think of any location on the map that produces Oil, is a port, and doesn't have any other factories? (also not connected to a base that produces non-oil products)
I bet there aren't any locatons that fit that description.
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:46 pm
by Mike Solli
Are there any manpower centers in bases that don't have HI?
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:49 pm
by Bradley7735
Manila is one. I'm sure there are others. I think there are quite a few in the DEI that produce some oil, resources and 1 or 2 manpower.
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:48 pm
by Viking67
Moving resources to the base in question did the job.
RE: Sometimes tankers do not load?
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:02 am
by bradfordkay
"I always thought that manpower went into a pool and was used that way. But, I think that Mr. Frag is correct in that the location is similar to HI and needs resources at it's location to produce manpower."
Just to be contrary, the thought came to me that manpower hexes shouldn't need any resources to be productive (or, perversely, should produce more manpower when resources are in short supply). It's not like sending resources to the people there is going to produce fast growing offspring to man your armies and industry. However, having a lack of resources, might induce the manpower in this location to seek out employment elsewhere, even if they have to work for the Empire of Japan.... I cite the Irish Potato Famine of the nineteenth century as an example.