Waterlogged Aircraft Carrier
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:49 am
In another thread I described how my CVTF took a severe thumping. I just managed to get the severely damaged Enterprise into Wunpoko at 4 kts with 67 systems, 88 flooding. Now that she's anchored, the flooding is slowly going down. She's at about 77 now.
My plan is to wait until the flooding is reduced to the point where she can make about 10 kts, which should be about enough to allow Enterprise to make the voyage to Luganville in one day. Once there she can go pierside to reduce the flooding to zero. Then I plan to move her to Noumea and then send her back to Pearl Harbor.
If the flooding is reduced to 50, do you think it would then be safe to make the run to Luganville? I'm thinking she's pretty exposed at Wunpoko. I've put in place an ASW patrol of 6 DD's, and probably need to LRCAP her until I can get her into Luganville.
Any words of wisdom?
My plan is to wait until the flooding is reduced to the point where she can make about 10 kts, which should be about enough to allow Enterprise to make the voyage to Luganville in one day. Once there she can go pierside to reduce the flooding to zero. Then I plan to move her to Noumea and then send her back to Pearl Harbor.
If the flooding is reduced to 50, do you think it would then be safe to make the run to Luganville? I'm thinking she's pretty exposed at Wunpoko. I've put in place an ASW patrol of 6 DD's, and probably need to LRCAP her until I can get her into Luganville.
Any words of wisdom?