Page 1 of 1

New Bug: HT/Truck Will Not Unload:

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:31 pm
by AbsntMndedProf
Since installing the new mech.exe and OOB files, I have come across two HT and one truck in three different scenarios that will not unload their passengers. In the second case, during the 'Brandenburghers to the Rescue' scenario, a Buessing NAG designated unit BV1, carrying the GE Eng Sqd designated unit BU3, would not unload the eng squad when the unload icon or the 'l' key were pressed. The other two cases involved HTs carrying MG34s, where the MGs would not unload.

Not a game-killing bug, to be certain. I just thought that I should mention them. Hope it's not anything major.

Sincerely,
Eric Maietta

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:41 pm
by Christopher
Hmm...can't help...sorry...

But it's good we have a *cough* neutral *cough* topic. Is it just me who gets an error message when visiting the board via the mainpage or a bookmark?

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:10 am
by Paul Vebber
We had a server crash and some of the user files got corrupted, causing the "front door" to stick.

Obviously if you are reading this you figured out how to get in the "back way" by linking to a previous thread in your browser cache. We hoep to have teh problem fixed soon.

I will move this to teh SP:WaW foum.

There is a drop down list at the boot right that lets you switch forums.

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:45 pm
by skukko
If you find those units that are loaded in your roster, HQ, 'H'-key, then you have bad design and should report to scenarios designer. In this case has happened that loads have been assigned to reinforcement but vehicles not.

If you don't find units in your roster then its bad designing: Units have been deleted but not vehicles they were loaded at. Contact designer.

If both above don't match, contact designer and after that report it as a bug, -if you have a save-file, it will help a lot. Report here after checking these two things. If nothing else works I'll look at it. ( I don't have sccenario mentioned.)

mosh

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:56 pm
by skukko
Forgot to mention that this behavior was found long time ago and is not a bug in most cases.

mosh