Page 1 of 1
Another observation about SPWAW
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 9:28 pm
by xafemo
Hello to all,
SPWAW is, without a doubt, the best wargame for turns that I have played, and the introduction of dynamic marksmanship ranges for the infantry weapons in the version 6.1 are an entire success; but I also find that the form in that it works it now makes more aleatory and imprevisible the game: you can kill 1 or 2 men or to liquidate a squad of an only shot under the same conditions. I believe that the margin is too wide and it should decrease if it is possible.
Do you say the same thing that me?
Thank you in advance.
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 2:54 am
by Paul Vebber
The infantry toughness preference can be used to adjust the lethality more to your liking
[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]</p>
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 10:50 pm
by xafemo
Thank you Paul for your suggestion. And you are right, I can reduce the LETHAL aspect; but I believe that the aleatory band that governs this aspect will continue being too wide.
Anyway, my comment was related with my desire from a more perfect great wargame to my way of seeing, but maybe the other fans don't think equally about this matter.
A very cordial greeting.
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 12:04 am
by AbsntMndedProf
I recall reading that a turn in SP:WaW is from three to five minutes long. A well trained infantry unit can fire off quite a few rounds in that ammount of time. Perhaps this would explain some of the results, especially at close ranges. Just an idea.
Eric Maietta
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:16 pm
by IKerensky
I too have problem sometimes with casualties, like when my Vickers Polish manned MG wip an entire 11men italian squad in one burst 1 klik away...
Then there is this tiny voice belling in my head : " Casualties are not all dead and wounded..."
Always remember that casualtie are not a lethality evalutation in SP time and play scale. It i just the amount of men that wont be combat ready for the lenght of the scenario, or more longer for the real dead. Than mean guys killed, wounded, neutralized, totaly panicked,deserting, staying away from combat to help friend wounded, going mad and so on...
That the reason why I didn't yell "BUG" anymor when my sniper kill 3 men in a squad. He isn't using Dallas manufactured bullet, he just killed the leader and that choked 2 guys aways from battle too. I remember it was a common sniper tactic: kill leader or if not in sight wound someone else, a wounded soldier mean at last 2 soldier out from squad combat duty.