Page 1 of 1

Russian winter bonus

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:41 pm
by vlale
Its all in post 1.033 in which the russian winter bonus was supposedly fixed.

Ok, i send a file with first issue too Maurice 3 weeks ago, but i never heard any thing.
ill send a file with the 2nd issue if needed.

1st issue: In the russian part of the turn, the germans dont get their evasion lowered.
First verified in 1.033

2nd issue: I attack as german in a winter turn, only to notice that the russian gets the winterbonus tho the rules are pretty clear on that. He shouldnt get it until the next winter.
First verified in 1.040


Kind regards,

Rasmus

RE: Russian winter bonus

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:45 am
by JanSorensen
I am the Russian opponent in the 1.040 game.

I ran some tests - and the 1st winter / winter bonus seems broken.


Issue A: If Germany attacks Russia in a winter turn then the 1st winter bonus/penalty applies in THAT turn rather than the following winter as the rules state.

Issue B: The first winter bonus does not stack with the normal winter bonus for defending Russian units. That is - they only get +1 evasion and not +2 evasion as I would expect if attacked inside Russia during the first winter turn.

These are reproduceable at will with version 1.040.


Issue B appears to be the same in version 1.033 - so maybe I am missing something. The relevant rule should be:

Code: Select all

Combat Modifiers to the Evasion rating of a target unit are as follows (these are
 cumulative):
 +1 Unit in Defending Force in a cold weather region during a winter turn (unless
 a German unit in a cold weather Soviet Nationality region during the first
 winter turn following a German declaration of war with the Soviet Union)
 +1 Firing Unit is German in a cold weather Soviet Nationality region during the
 first winter turn following a German declaration of war with the Soviet Union.
Based on that I would say that the Russian rate a +2 evasion modifier if defending against German attacks inside Russia during the first winter. This doesnt appear to happen in game though nomatter if the Germans declare war in winter or non-winter.