Page 1 of 1
More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:41 pm
by TommyG
I have none of the three combat reports in either of the two PBEM games where I am the Japanese. The little boxes at the top of the map screen are blacked out for operations, sightings and combat. If I click on any of them I get nothing. I downloaded to 1.60 between turns, than ran and sent turn in 1.60. Allied player is not having any problems, and I am not having this problem in my allied games. I've run three turns and redownloaded the patch and it is not correcting. Any advise anyone?
RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:50 pm
by Sonny
Go to the options screen (upper left - looks like a piece of paper). One of the options is combat animations. Another is combat reports.
RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:50 am
by TommyG
I must not be communicating. Animation and summaries are not my problem. My problem is the complete absence of the signal intel, operations report, and Combat report. I have three blank boxes. In one of his posts, Eric stated that the empty boxes problem clears after two turns. I've run three turns thru so far and it has not gone away.
RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:44 am
by Mr.Frag
The Combat Reports option is likely to be turned off. Do not confuse this toggle with the Combat Operational Reports.
With it off, no reports are ever written and the options vanish from the bar.
It is the top toggle on the Game Options screen.
Other possibility : if you are XP, did you install the patch as the same user? It is possible the files can not be written due to permissions on the SAVE directory.
RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:19 am
by Sinjen
I'm having the same problem. I'm also not getting combat animations and I have them all turned on.
RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:31 am
by Erik Rutins
Did you read through and follow the various FAQs? If not, please do - they should resolve this for you. This is just part of the conversion process.
RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:19 am
by TommyG
Okay got it. Muchas gratias
RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:15 am
by ChezDaJez
I had the same problem when I updated to 1.6.
No combat reports or sigint regardless of the settings selected in either solo or PBEM game. Had to update the database through the ingame preferences menu. As soon as I did this I got the combat reports and sigints again.
Chez