Page 1 of 1

OT: Good nvidia overclocking programme wanted.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:38 pm
by wodin
Ive just got a 6600gt but it doesnt come with an overclocking utility.

Its a Chaintech card. Has many good reviews.Came with my new base unit.

AMD3.7 64bit San Diego CPU
80 gig SATA HD
ASUS A8N E MB
2x512 mem
Windows Home Edition
DVD/CD R combi
New Case
CPU cooler

Cost £750 incl delivery. Money well spent. I wentfor a decent MB and CPU and average graphics card and others. I can then upgrade card/mem/hd when needed.

Anyway if anyone can help me I'd be grateful. I thoguth the NVidia rivers had an overclocking facility but it doesnt have one either.

RE: OT: Good nvidia overclocking programme wanted.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:07 pm
by Warpstorm
The nVidia drivers do have an overclocking util, but you need to change your registry to expose it. Google Coolbits nvidia for detailed instructions.

RE: OT: Good nvidia overclocking programme wanted.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:29 pm
by ravinhood
Yeah I use Coolbits also. Be careful though, you can burn a card up fast overclocked if you don't have the proper cooling system setup. Especially on these newer cards.

RE: OT: Good nvidia overclocking programme wanted.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:27 pm
by wodin
Just used the forceware cool bits reg edit.

I have a temp monitor on the card so I will keep my eye on it.