SP W@W - Command & Control Crash (v8.4)
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:25 pm
I'm re-posting this from the main SPW@W section in case this area gets checked instead:
--
I just installed the 8.4 update last night, and resumed my Lost victories campaign. As soon as I clicked on a new unit, my game dumped to windows. Restarting and trying a new campaign/other save had the same result.
I've deleted the steel.prf, reinstalled the campaign (but have yet to re-install SP), but the only thing that seems to fix it is turning off command & control in preferences. :I
Anybody else having this happen?
I seriously don't mind having MORE control over my troops, but I love the extra planning that C&C requires.
--Edit:
I just installed a fresh 8.2 -8.3-8.4 (C&C worked fine) -- copied my megacam folder in and tried to run one and the crash happened immediately
I'll try making another new install and only updating to 8.3 this time and see if that's the only new variable.
-update:
A new install to 8.3 and copying over the megacam folders has worked just fine with no crashes. Bummer.
--
I just installed the 8.4 update last night, and resumed my Lost victories campaign. As soon as I clicked on a new unit, my game dumped to windows. Restarting and trying a new campaign/other save had the same result.
I've deleted the steel.prf, reinstalled the campaign (but have yet to re-install SP), but the only thing that seems to fix it is turning off command & control in preferences. :I
Anybody else having this happen?
I seriously don't mind having MORE control over my troops, but I love the extra planning that C&C requires.
--Edit:
I just installed a fresh 8.2 -8.3-8.4 (C&C worked fine) -- copied my megacam folder in and tried to run one and the crash happened immediately
-update:
A new install to 8.3 and copying over the megacam folders has worked just fine with no crashes. Bummer.