Page 1 of 1

Can't seem to move my transports....

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:07 am
by Bridger15
I'm new and i can't figure out why my transports won't move. I have 2 sitting in a seazone south of italy, and i try to move them anywhere out of the zone and it says "illegal move." It's been like that for 2 turns now, why don't the movement points refresh at the begining of the turn? I have enough supply on the mainland as far as i can tell...(and doesn't it say "can't move out of supply" if that's the problem?).

RE: Can't seem to move my transports....

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:19 am
by Big Lou
Do you have any troops or supply sitting in the transports? They cannot move if they have anything loaded on them.

RE: Can't seem to move my transports....

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:30 am
by 5cats
No, it doesn't say why it can't move, so one never knows what the problem is that way. However transports don't use supply! So that's not it!
Like Big Lou says, are there supplies loaded on these transports? That prevents them from moving, for some strange reason. Unloading them also stops them from moving too. Shifting supply from one to the other is tricky, but should enable one of them to move. There are other, even more complicated ways to do things to remove the supplies.
Is "AutoSupply" on? You may have moved a distant unit, which made the autosupply move some supplies through your transports, automatically. This is why I never use autosupply! lol!

RE: Can't seem to move my transports....

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:02 pm
by lkendter
I would suggest moving the transports as the very first move. I have learned it is the best to get transport moved before you have the game route a strategic move through them.

Since use are talking the med, it isn't a problem with frozen zones.

If the transports show up with zero movement points, then they have been used somehow.


As for "illegal move", that is my complaint with the game. I wish it would say WHY. There are multiple reasons a move can be illegal...

RE: Can't seem to move my transports....

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:41 pm
by Bridger15
ORIGINAL: 5cats

No, it doesn't say why it can't move, so one never knows what the problem is that way. However transports don't use supply! So that's not it!
Like Big Lou says, are there supplies loaded on these transports? That prevents them from moving, for some strange reason. Unloading them also stops them from moving too. Shifting supply from one to the other is tricky, but should enable one of them to move. There are other, even more complicated ways to do things to remove the supplies.
Is "AutoSupply" on? You may have moved a distant unit, which made the autosupply move some supplies through your transports, automatically. This is why I never use autosupply! lol!

Ah, that's probably it, i'll try moving my transports at beigning of game :)