Page 1 of 1

The Great War

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 2:15 am
by asgrrr
From time to time questions pop up here about WW1. Would anyone be interested in trying to create WW1 OBs for SPWAW? I was thinking of a collective effort of amateurs. I have some information and ideas, nowhere near the whole picture. Although WW1 was a "boring" war compared to WW2, it has some interesting facets. The many secondary fronts, and 1918 was definitely an interesting year. And it would not need to stop there. There is also the Russian civil war with dozens of nations participating including tanks on both sides.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 8:04 pm
by troopie
If you read accounts of the African and Middle Eastern campaigns, the Great War was not 'boring'. If we could get a version with the dates right, I MIGHT be willing to help. I say might because because of time constraints I cannot commit to the project. I am so time stressed I can say there will probably NOT be WW1 OOBs for SPWW2v5. But I would love to see a SPWAW WW1 version.

troopie

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 10:38 pm
by gators
There are some SPWW2 WW1 OBs. They mostly include colonial troops, and there are no East Front OBs, an area I am very interested in. They are fun to use as Africa was an intriguing theater in WW1 as well.