Page 1 of 1
Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:40 pm
by treespider
In my game with Toast (Toast you'll see this when you get your turn later tonight)...
For the past several turns my Ops reports have indicated a sizable force of cruisers at Canton. I assume possibly a CV is included based on earliuer observations of CV tF where initial intell indicates CA's. I therefore devise a plan to destroy it. I carefully positioned KB in near to Canton Island. Everything is set. TB's and Db's set on Naval Attack.
Today I finally arrive at the launch site and in the AM KB sends 39 Zero's to Canton with no result. In the PM the weather is awful at both sites. Now he knows there is something out there and I've blown my oppurtunity.
Let me guess....even if ships are in a TF if they are docked a/c have to be set for Port Attack?
The God of Weather Dice Rolls is certainly not in my camp. This is the third or fourth turn in a row in seperate games where my CV TF's have been impacted by the weather.
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:47 pm
by Halsey
If they're in a TF it's naval attack you want.
If they are disbanded in port, it's the port attack to flush them out.[:D]
The second option is naval attack with port attack as a secondary.
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:45 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Wouldn't that be the THIRD option, Halsey?[;)]
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:41 pm
by jwilkerson
ORIGINAL: treespider
In my game with Toast (Toast you'll see this when you get your turn later tonight)...
For the past several turns my Ops reports have indicated a sizable force of cruisers at Canton. I assume possibly a CV is included based on earliuer observations of CV tF where initial intell indicates CA's. I therefore devise a plan to destroy it. I carefully positioned KB in near to Canton Island. Everything is set. TB's and Db's set on Naval Attack.
Today I finally arrive at the launch site and in the AM KB sends 39 Zero's to Canton with no result. In the PM the weather is awful at both sites. Now he knows there is something out there and I've blown my oppurtunity.
Let me guess....even if ships are in a TF if they are docked a/c have to be set for Port Attack?
The God of Weather Dice Rolls is certainly not in my camp. This is the third or fourth turn in a row in seperate games where my CV TF's have been impacted by the weather.
If you're not doing this already, you can help him[TGOWDR] be a little more in your camp by using the "3" key when entering your orders. This will show you the whether forecast hex by hex ... I live ( and die ) by this forecast ! I don't know if it is 100% accurate ( hope not ) but it seems to be pretty close.
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:45 am
by Yamato hugger
ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
The God of Weather Dice Rolls is certainly not in my camp. This is the third or fourth turn in a row in seperate games where my CV TF's have been impacted by the weather.
If you're not doing this already, you can help him[TGOWDR] be a little more in your camp by using the "3" key when entering your orders. This will show you the whether forecast hex by hex ... I live ( and die ) by this forecast ! I don't know if it is 100% accurate ( hope not ) but it seems to be pretty close.
My method seems to work also. I sacrifice a sheep. I used to use virgins, but I ran out.
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:58 am
by treespider
ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger
ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
The God of Weather Dice Rolls is certainly not in my camp. This is the third or fourth turn in a row in seperate games where my CV TF's have been impacted by the weather.
If you're not doing this already, you can help him[TGOWDR] be a little more in your camp by using the "3" key when entering your orders. This will show you the whether forecast hex by hex ... I live ( and die ) by this forecast ! I don't know if it is 100% accurate ( hope not ) but it seems to be pretty close.
My method seems to work also. I sacrifice a sheep. I used to use virgins, but I ran out.
Back in the day before bigtime computer gaming...when I used to take up half my basement with board/paper map wargames... I would just throw my dice as hard as I could at the nearest available wall. I suppose I could do it with my cpu but the cost ratio just doesn't seem to be the same.
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:11 am
by Halsey
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Wouldn't that be the THIRD option, Halsey?[;)]
Sorry. Only on my second pot of coffeee today.[:D]
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:55 am
by Toast
Well, if it is any consolation, there were no CV's in the ft, just CA's and old DD/s covering a resupply and reinforcement tf. The TF was just to make sure that there was no repeat of your Pago Pago raid.
On the other hand, I had no idea your CV's were nearby so you definitely lost the element of surprise.
I think after your good luck catching the Enterprise on the second turn, I think the gods of war are shiftng into my favor. At least temporarily.
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:25 am
by jwilkerson
ORIGINAL: Halsey
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Wouldn't that be the THIRD option, Halsey?[;)]
Sorry. Only on my
second pot of coffeee today.[:D]
{ shhh ... which is really his third !!! }
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:42 am
by Halsey
ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
ORIGINAL: Halsey
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Wouldn't that be the THIRD option, Halsey?[;)]
Sorry. Only on my
second pot of coffeee today.[:D]
{ shhh ... which is really his third !!! }
[:D][:D][:D]
I'm an admitted caffeine addict.
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:08 am
by Freedom205
Virgins would work great, but I havnt met one yet and I am older than I would like to admit
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:39 am
by tsimmonds
Ha! I knew bunches of them, but that was when I was 9 years old. Only ever "encountered" one, though.
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:22 am
by treespider
I was a virgin once...I think.
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:39 pm
by rtrapasso
My method seems to work also. I sacrifice a sheep. I used to use virgins, but I ran out.
Virgin sheep?
RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:58 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Virgins seem to be harder and harder to find these days. I blame the deterioration of society's values. My sacrificial altar hasn't been used in years...
Oh, and you're supposed to sacrifice GOATS, not sheep. Sheesh! Amateurs...

RE: Port Attack or Naval Attack?
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:58 pm
by treespider
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
My method seems to work also. I sacrifice a sheep. I used to use virgins, but I ran out.
Virgin sheep?
They count double